Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Duplex printing issue

Dear All,
    I have job of bulk duplex printing of accounts having multiple pages, some accounts have 2 pages or some accounts have 50 to 60 pages, so I am facing a strange problem with ricoh SP8200dn and SP8300dn.
    When we print all accounts having pages 3,5,7,9,11 in duplex our ricoh printer counts 4,6,8,10,12.
    for testing purpose when I create a new MS word doc of 3 pages and sent to printer with duplex option our printer count it 4 pages.
    when i use this printer with my laptop it works ok means count 3 pages when i do duplex printing.
    kindly guide me if anyone have any idea about that.
    thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    Duplex printing issue

Re: Duplex printing issue

hi, the PCs all use the same operating system, you checked the parameters on the laptop are identical to those of the other PCs with the same settings I mean

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GIUBOSS View Post
    hi, the PCs all use the same operating system, you checked the parameters on the laptop are identical to those of the other PCs with the same settings I mean
    Yes all settings of laptop and PC's are same, even printer driver download from same website.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts
    Duplex printing issue

Quote Originally Posted by mdfurqan2012 View Post
    Dear All,
    I have job of bulk duplex printing of accounts having multiple pages, some accounts have 2 pages or some accounts have 50 to 60 pages, so I am facing a strange problem with ricoh SP8200dn and SP8300dn.
    When we print all accounts having pages 3,5,7,9,11 in duplex our ricoh printer counts 4,6,8,10,12.
    for testing purpose when I create a new MS word doc of 3 pages and sent to printer with duplex option our printer count it 4 pages.
    when i use this printer with my laptop it works ok means count 3 pages when i do duplex printing.
    kindly guide me if anyone have any idea about that.
    thanks
    check 'devices & printers' (right click device - select properties then ports) check the PORT is set as TPC/IP with the IP address of the machine - not WSD!!! WSD causes so many problems it is not funny

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aAandy View Post
    check 'devices & printers' (right click device - select properties then ports) check the PORT is set as TPC/IP with the IP address of the machine - not WSD!!! WSD causes so many problems it is not funny
    Yes driver is installed at tcp/ip port

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Look at how duplex printing works in terms of page order. Single sided printing may be a straight 1, 2, 3, 4 but duplex printing is in a completely different order so that even if the last page will only be printed on one side, the second side of the page will still need to go through the inverter as part of the process. I've also seen where documents created using a default printer different than the one you end up printing to will sometimes do strange things to documents to adjust for the different printable areas of different models. Sometimes, all it takes in Word is an extra line space to be added to the last page to have it create an extra blank page.

Is your laptop using the same driver version? Same OS? Same version of the applications?

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Look at how duplex printing works in terms of page order. Single sided printing may be a straight 1, 2, 3, 4 but duplex printing is in a completely different order so that even if the last page will only be printed on one side, the second side of the page will still need to go through the inverter as part of the process. I've also seen where documents created using a default printer different than the one you end up printing to will sometimes do strange things to documents to adjust for the different printable areas of different models. Sometimes, all it takes in Word is an extra line space to be added to the last page to have it create an extra blank page.

Is your laptop using the same driver version? Same OS? Same version of the applications?
    Only difference is win7 32bit and my laptop have 64bit