Tech86

Ricoh MP 7502 sc672

I Have read tons of helpful info over the years here. I have never posted a question before today. I know a lot about these machines. that said I have to say their are some very talented techs on Copytechnet. So thanks for all the help I got just from reading past posts. Ok Ricoh MP 7502 comes up with 672-00 -01 -02 connection from controller to op panel on 5054s 672-11 bugs in chips bad hdd and crazy static shock that's normal on those boxes. MP 7502 sc 672-01 on screen when you disconnect hard drive and get it to rest sc870 sc860 sc819 address book problem normal fix hard drive. bad connection to panel. (usb) I did memory clear not all or engine. I reformatted hard drive (oem) updated firmware. I cleaned and even swapped dim/ram. swapped fuser bad rear connection or shorting thermistors. swapped and checked connection for paper Tsb from ricoh. it will work for days. goes into sleep mode will turn back on. turn off will come back on. when it sits for a long time in sleep mode, blue light glowing (energy save) hit the energy save button no response. open front doors or adf nothing. turn machine off and back on 672 comes back up. Sorry about the writing Thanks for any advive
    Last edited by Tech86; 02-02-2019 at 11:55 PM. Reason: poor writing

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 7502 sc672

Not one punctuation mark, made it a bit hard to know what your problem was, I would try a controller.

tell more details please. it's to hard on controller to screw up easily. did yo disassemble panel to clean it. or unstable electric current .90% controller pounded by electricity short, did fuser unit working????

Quote Originally Posted by Tech86 View Post
    I Have read tons of helpful info over the years here. I have never posted a question before today. I know a lot about these machines. that said I have to say their are some very talented techs on Copytechnet. So thanks for all the help I got just from reading past posts. Ok Ricoh MP 7502 comes up with 672-00 -01 -02 connection from controller to op panel on 5054s 672-11 bugs in chips bad hdd and crazy static shock that's normal on those boxes. MP 7502 sc 672-01 on screen when you disconnect hard drive and get it to rest sc870 sc860 sc819 address book problem normal fix hard drive. bad connection to panel. (usb) I did memory clear not all or engine. I reformatted hard drive (oem) updated firmware. I cleaned and even swapped dim/ram. swapped fuser bad rear connection or shorting thermistors. swapped and checked connection for paper Tsb from ricoh. it will work for days. goes into sleep mode will turn back on. turn off will come back on. when it sits for a long time in sleep mode, blue light glowing (energy save) hit the energy save button no response. open front doors or adf nothing. turn machine off and back on 672 comes back up. Sorry about the writing Thanks for any advive
    Hey
    The repair is simple.
    Replace 14077677 (EEPROM BR24T64-W) and go with your beer buddies
    greetings

I faced like this before. It.s was short circuit. I left machine about one month. Then i swapped drum unitaunit and developer tank to another machine and open front door. It's works for me. I hope that help

Tech86

Thanks Vargue I wouldn't be surprised. I have seen drum spring ground cause scanner codes. This one is kicking my but! It works fine for a day or so goes into sleep mode won't wake up. Turn it off and back on 672-01 appears. Only way I can get it back to a screen is by pulling card and hard drive. Its in my shop, so I will try what you did. I have a 6002 i can swap with. Only thing I cant try is controller Thanks again

Tech86

I swapped the fuser out a few days ago. Im greatfull for replies well most