Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Requesting latest firmwares for Ricoh MP C2800

Hello!
    I recently got a couple of Ricoh MP C2800s, and it's my first time working with them. I would like to update all the firmwares of these printers. One of these printers I intend to keep and the other I would like to donate to my church. I don't have access to the firmware files as I am a third-party and not an authorized Ricoh Technician. I would like to update the firmware on these printers because I want them working in tip top shape with the best feature compatibility with windows 10, such as scanning to folder, before I give one to my church. Any help would be appreciated! If there is any information that is needed from the printers, please let me know, though I won't be able to give exact firmware versions until Monday, as both printers are not at home. Thanks a lot for the help in advance!
    Last edited by vp181xp; 02-03-2019 at 11:45 AM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Requesting latest firmwares for Ricoh MP C2800

Quote Originally Posted by vp181xp View Post
    Hello!
    I recently got a couple of Ricoh MP C2800s, and it's my first time working with them. I would like to update all the firmwares of these printers. One of these printers I intend to keep and the other I would like to donate to my church. I don't have access to the firmware files as I am a third-party and not an authorized Ricoh Technician. I would like to update the firmware on these printers because I want them working in tip top shape with the best feature compatibility with windows 10, such as scanning to folder, before I give one to my church. Any help would be appreciated! If there is any information that is needed from the printers, please let me know, though I won't be able to give exact firmware versions until Monday, as both printers are not at home. Thanks a lot for the help in advance!
    I have some mpc2800 FW but i dont know if its the most recent.
    if you PM your email i will share it

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Hello!
    Your very first post and you are wanting firmware? Stay around awhile and build some Rep Power by helping others. Otherwise all you are going to achieve is RED cards.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Happy to help, drop us an email.

Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera Konica Minolta Firmware
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Hello!
    Just so you are aware.
    The "latest" firmware for this machine was released in 2012 (Engine and System Copy).
    It's unlikely that they will work to their best potential on Win10 as there is no SMB ver2.0/3.0 upgrade available via firmware for this machine so you're stuck with SMB ver1.0 and the recent Windows updates have disabled that.
    I recommend scan to FTP or scan to email.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Hello!
    On these old models your best option would be to book a tech to attend once they are installed he'll then advise you if any parts are required & should update the fw as part of the service.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

He name the church twice, what will be the next trick to get firmware?
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Your very first post and you are wanting firmware? Stay around awhile and build some Rep Power by helping others. Otherwise all you are going to achieve is RED cards.
    I was thinking about myself and the situation I'm in rather than helping others, so I apologize for that. I looked all over the internet for the firmware and was not able to find it. That was when I came across this awesome forum and saw how helpful the members of it were, so I asked for help here. I wanted to have the printers updated as soon as I could before I gave one of them to my church, so I apologize for not helping others before I asked for help with firmware, which I now understand is a lot to ask coming from a new member of this forum. I'm still an amateur in this field, but I will try to help others out on this forum the best I can to make up for this mistake. I hope that you and this awesome community can forgive me for these mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I have some mpc2800 FW but i dont know if its the most recent.
    if you PM your email i will share it
    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Happy to help, drop us an email.

Ricoh, Canon, Kyocera Konica Minolta Firmware
    Thank you very much for the offers!

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    Just so you are aware.
    The "latest" firmware for this machine was released in 2012 (Engine and System Copy).
    It's unlikely that they will work to their best potential on Win10 as there is no SMB ver2.0/3.0 upgrade available via firmware for this machine so you're stuck with SMB ver1.0 and the recent Windows updates have disabled that.
    I recommend scan to FTP or scan to email.
    Thank you for the advice! I will keep that in mind when I'm setting up the printers. I think scan to email will be the best option for me, as the printer at church will be connected to a network and will have internet access.