Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,176
    Rep Power
    58

    MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Hi all,

    seen a few now one of the PCDU send out a loud squeak, mainly on black.

    Running output checks cheating the doors I pull each unit & squeak stops so can narrow down 100% which one of the YMCK PCDU squeaking. Rather than ordering an expensive unit can any guys narrow down a part that causes this? Tried a few drops of oil on bushings but obvs need to apply in tiny amounts to not soil OPC.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  2. #2
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    931
    Rep Power
    30

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Hi all,

    seen a few now one of the PCDU send out a loud squeak, mainly on black.

    Running output checks cheating the doors I pull each unit & squeak stops so can narrow down 100% which one of the YMCK PCDU squeaking. Rather than ordering an expensive unit can any guys narrow down a part that causes this? Tried a few drops of oil on bushings but obvs need to apply in tiny amounts to not soil OPC.
    AFAIK those pcu units had an issue with the lube bar spring mechanism that was too weak, and there was some sort of an TSB about it, where you needed to replace the spring mech.

    Because the spring was to weak, the lube bar, as it wears, would resonate against the drum, causing the squeak.
    Press the GREEN button!!

  3. #3
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Rayville La
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Check the drive clutch for that color,Iíve seen this on several of the older models.

  4. #4
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts FrohnB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Fremont, Nebraska
    Posts
    152
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    What's the count on your black drum? Have had these drums go up past 450k if you follow the spring adjustment procedure on drums.
    Are you saying you CAN or CAN'T narrow down 100% by pulling each drum?

    At any rate, I would check your Waste Toner Bottle for a squeaky auger, I believe it's driven by the Black drum or dev. motor.

  5. #5
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    435
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Check image transfer unit too, have had 2 squeekers.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

  6. #6
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    copier tech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,176
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Check image transfer unit too, have had 2 squeekers.
    The squeak stops when I pull the l pcdu out so I know its that unit.

    Always do the lube spring depending on model.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

    www.copierfirmware.co.uk

  7. #7
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Turnhout
    Posts
    792
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    The squeak stops when I pull the l pcdu out so I know its that unit.

    Always do the lube spring depending on model.
    It could also be that the drive is less heavy without the black pcdu and that it might be something else.
    I'm working wright now on a c3003 with noise, have lubricate all the gears (shafts) of the entire rear side off the machine.
    Had once the noise was comming from the recycling toner train gears...

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,164
    Rep Power
    55

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    AFAIK those pcu units had an issue with the lube bar spring mechanism that was too weak, and there was some sort of an TSB about it, where you needed to replace the spring mech.

    Because the spring was to weak, the lube bar, as it wears, would resonate against the drum, causing the squeak.
    The deal with the spring tension on the lube bar was that it was too great, and caused premature drum failure. The solution was to actually decrease the lube bar spring tension. I have been doing this for a year now and have not noticed any weird pcu noises.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  9. #9
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    11
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: MPCxx03 Metis Squeaking PCDU

    Check your waste toner bottle, might have a broken auger. Had to replace several over the past year because of the same problem.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here