Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    1515mf scan to folder trouble

Hello, I can't seem to get this thing to scan to a folder. The 1515 is on the network and prints fine. I setup a folder in the root directory called scan and shared it. I am running scanrouter lite v2 on a win xp pro PC. I was able to setup the 1515 to scan to email and that works fine. When I try to scan it shows the option to select pc or email in the display of the machine but it is looking for a destination. Where do I set the destination up? In the web image monitor address book? I've been working on this thing all day and I'm about to smash it. Help Please. Thanks.....Ant

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    If you are using the Scan Router software you set up the scanning destinations through the software.

If you are using SMB you set up the destinations through User Tools or the W.I.M.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Thanks for the reply, I would rather not use scan router, I thought I had to. I guess I need a step by step guide to setup smb scanning. Anyone have something like that??.....Ant

Enter the W.I.M. Login as administrator. Open address book. Add new destination. Input network shared folder and folder authentication if needed. Save and repeat as needed. You may be able find a white paper on the TSC site, but I haven't seen one.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I didn't know that paople still used scan router.... huh?
    I personaly wouldn't use scan router but I would use smb scanning on those machines.
    Like Cobiray said though, that has to be set up in the scan router application to be the delivery server.
    CompTia A+ Certified
    CompTia Net+ Certified
    CompTia Server+ Certified
    CompTia Project+ Certified
    OP Scanshare Certified

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Scott_Lewis's Avatar
    Unless there has been a major firmware update, SMB is not an option for the Af1515.

AFAIK the delivery server option is on by default so it should not be an issue. The trick to using the scan router lite is to make sure that it is configured and you can link to the copier via the 'add i/o device'. The other thing that run into is trying to use scan router on a computer that does NOT require a password. If memory serves, you MUST install on a computer that requires a pw to log in.

If you have a botched SRLite install, you really need to uninstall and start over.

Grab the SR manual and don't take any shortcuts.

I didn't think it supported SMB, but that wasn't a part of the question. Also, I don't have the options matrix in front of me right now.

Technician 250+ Posts Ricoh-ono's Avatar
    Scott Lewis is right in that the 1515 does not use smb scanning. This became available in the MP161 machines. Unfortunately you will have to use ScanRouter. Also you may need to open port 3670 (i think) on windows firewall.
    Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. ~Theodore Roosevelt

CopierJanitor/Geargluer 50+ Posts skinnypuppy's Avatar

1515mf scan to folder

The destinations that show up on the 1515mf are set by scanrouter. Try turning off any firewalls you have on the xp machine that you are setting up scanrouter on temporarily.Make sure you have the delivery option turned on on the 1515-- user tools\systems settings\filetransfer. Enter the required info IP of machine with scanrouter. Back out and reboot the 1515. You should be able to toggle between scan to email and destination folder on the 1515 display panel now. If the destinations show up open port 3670 (tcp) in xp firewall. This should allow a passthrough. Of course all this only works if you have scanrouter configured right in the first place. But thats a whole other topic.

There is no SMB scanning on this one. SMB printing but not scanning. Go figure. Sorry, you're stuck with ScanRouter. I prefer the Scan to email in this instance. Maybe you could talk them into this.