Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ProC 5100S code

Re: ProC 5100S code

Quote Originally Posted by apump View Post
    you can replace just the lube bar. but the next time it comes up you will need to rebuild the cleaning unit. not hard just a little time consuming. if its one of the colors with message you need to do them all. otherwise you will be back shortly...
    We got the system re-set (thanks to those who helped) but now we get a replace lube bar message? Is there another re-set for thos?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    ProC 5100S code

Quote Originally Posted by Fred Arnold View Post
    We got the system re-set (thanks to those who helped) but now we get a replace lube bar message? Is there another re-set for thos?
    Did you replace the lube bar?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

you are mistaken him for a real tech...
    he is still just looking for the "magic switch" to make the message go away..
    it s like going to mechanic and showing him my engine is making a horrible noise
    and he fixes it by blasting my radio louder..
    i guess i am not >>>
    (thanks to those who helped)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    ProC 5100S code

my understanding is that this model is very similar to the newer pro c5200 models. i have tried to cheat and reset the message for the cleaning unit with no luck. if you have the service manual isn't not a very difficult task to replace the drum cleaning unit. just be sure you are doing the correct color that it says to replace on the screen. word of advice though, when you replace the that metal faceplate that you removed to get to the drum. be sure to lube each of those where the rod sticks through the plate. because if it gets stuck it is a Major pain in the tail to pry that puppy loose. actually had 5 of us techs around a machine helping me when this occurred. but a very large flathead screwdriver resolved said issue. that was the first time doing it. anytime afterwards i add a little bit of lube and have no longer had that problem. as someone mentioned for the price of this machine it's best to replace the maintenance parts when it says it is time to do so.