Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Finisher sr 3090 on mp4200: Dog ear whit jam when gate deviate to basculate tray

damn this is the week of the finisher, I must say that rarely have given me problems, but now it is jump out of this.
    it does 1 time about every 80-100 sheets: the paper during the gate click that sends the paper down for the basculating tray strikes somewhere on one side producing dog ears and lock it , visually everything seems ok, I removed the rear cover and it looks like everything ok, my suspect falls on lazy descent gate activation solenoid (?) deformed top cover (containing the gate), low solenoid power supply, board that is going to fail (I would exclude it) ... if the mechanism is not activated, if I do get out the paper from the upper tray it works fine .. anyone knows this problem, or has any suggestions to give me ...tomorrow i bring it here in lab so i check it better.

excuse me, i was wrong to write a title, i just got back tired from work: its a mp4002 not 4200..how i do correct the title?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Finisher sr 3090 on mp4200: Dog ear whit jam when gate deviate to basculate tray

Re: Finisher sr 3090 on mp4200: Dog ear whit jam when gate deviate to basculate tray

Well, you can obviously see what and where it's dog-earing. Check that part of the paper path for burrs on plastic guides or paper clips, or staples. If a solenoid is dropping out it would damage more than just one edge of the paper.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: Finisher sr 3090 on mp4200: Dog ear whit jam when gate deviate to basculate tray

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Well, you can obviously see what and where it's dog-earing. Check that part of the paper path for burrs on plastic guides or paper clips, or staples. If a solenoid is dropping out it would damage more than just one edge of the paper.
    i double that>>paper clips, or staples.
    Most of my issue on ricoh sorter are usually because of customers using the sorter top as a work table and then
    just leaving staples,paper clips to fall inside,,,
    I usually pull sorter and shake it on its side lightly and see what i can find..
    Guide burrs too if its a very used sorter and sometimes there are small plastic guide tabs that might come loose.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

i would think Bridge unit or finisher entrance guide area
    I have had the mylar on the bridge exit cause similar issues

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dan G View Post
    i would think Bridge unit or finisher entrance guide area
    I have had the mylar on the bridge exit cause similar issues
    thank you all for the support guys, this morning a colleague went because I had another urgent intervention.
    since the mc we sold it used a week ago, did not have the finisher, and I mounted it, it seems that I forgot to put the two gadgets-guide on the fuser output, I have to tell the truth, it seems strange (?) , why would he have to jam even in the upper tray at this point, boh? we'll see .... thanks again, see you next time
    Attached Images Attached Images