Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Re: MP C305 Toner not set correctly?

ill check that right away... thats unbelievable but believable..... lol

Red face Re: MP C305 Toner not set correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Hate these machines. Have replaced many of the toner hoppers (too many) and now I could almost do it in my sleep. We started telling our sales people a few years ago to STOP selling them and pull the one's that were out and replace with different models. Horrible machines.

When you remove the affected toner from the machine, is the chute on the bottle open? If so, it could be one of the white "hooks" that engage that chute has a broken spring (shine light into toner cavity, and they're almost all the way to the rear).
    We have had many bad chips on these bottles (and the newer 306/307 toners too).
    Most commonly is the toner hopper auger getting mangled.
    Have also had luck vacuuming out the cavity (really well) and cleaning the post that goes into toner bottle chip.
    Not a bad idea to update f/w.
    Thanks for this advise about the 'white clips' at the back of the hopper. I have zero experience on this manufacture & helped a mate (307 model) out with this exact fault (no yellow toner). Turned out as advised by someone else that the cartridge was indeed about 2/3 mm further out then all the other cartridges but yet the machine front cover would close (so you miss it). The white clips were rotated too far, unlike the other three. Taped a spring hoot to my long phillips blade and latched it, flicked it back and hey presto! It's worked and although the engine on the machine took an age to cycle through (to free the fault on the operation panel) we are up and running.

Thanks for the advise, 100% fix.