Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

Re: MP C305 Toner not set correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Hate these machines. Have replaced many of the toner hoppers (too many) and now I could almost do it in my sleep. We started telling our sales people a few years ago to STOP selling them and pull the one's that were out and replace with different models. Horrible machines.

When you remove the affected toner from the machine, is the chute on the bottle open? If so, it could be one of the white "hooks" that engage that chute has a broken spring (shine light into toner cavity, and they're almost all the way to the rear).
    We have had many bad chips on these bottles (and the newer 306/307 toners too).
    Most commonly is the toner hopper auger getting mangled.
    Have also had luck vacuuming out the cavity (really well) and cleaning the post that goes into toner bottle chip.
    Not a bad idea to update f/w.
    Yes as ametter of fact the toner bottle comes out open! what does this mean? is a piece of something stuck in the toner hopper, and yes i vacked out the whole toner shute,hopper, and everything i could reach

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts
    MP C305 Toner not set correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    Yes as ametter of fact the toner bottle comes out open! what does this mean? is a piece of something stuck in the toner hopper, and yes i vacked out the whole toner shute,hopper, and everything i could reach
    This is an interesting point, when you fit the toner does it stick out slightly more than the rest? If so then the hopper shutter has become uncliped or broken.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    Take out the toner with the issue shine a torch into the back

that is going
    "old school"

Ok in reality use your "smart phone" !!!!
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

I had a way with this model, and this kind of problem. I have many customers with this type of printer, and I will soon change them. This model MPC305 is cursed !!!!

Trusted Tech 250+ Posts Athlontini's Avatar

It usually just means that one of the spring-loaded retainers is out of whack, and is pulling open the chute as you pull the bottle out. I've fixed this by simply taking off the top cover (1 screw!), moving the two laser units out of the way, and reaching in there and fixing it with a spring hook.

Once you check that out, I'd recommend trying another toner bottle before you try replacing hoppers. A new bottle has fixed this issue every time for me - I haven't replaced a toner hopper yet.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

OKay heres what it was, thanks to a post about the bottle not going in all the way... It was sounding like it was seating but it wasnt, it was sticking out just a touch, the little white grabber teeth are suppose to spring into towards the hopper as the bottle goes in, the little white tooth on the left side was somehow stuck behind the little stopper post, and was not moving forward with the bottle causing the bottle not to seat all the way causing the machine to not see the bottle!
    one screw, one cover, move the laser out of the way gently, and shine a torch,, lol flashlight into the hopper and you will see the little white tooth like thing.
    after talking with the customer, he apparently stuck an ARROW with a cleaning cloth down into the hopper,??? go figure, it must have moved the tooth out of position,....
    Prblem solved

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

OKay heres what it was, thanks to a post about the bottle not going in all the way... It was sounding like it was seating but it wasnt, it was sticking out just a touch, the little white grabber teeth are suppose to spring into towards the hopper as the bottle goes in, the little white tooth on the left side was somehow stuck behind the little stopper post, and was not moving forward with the bottle causing the bottle not to seat all the way causing the machine to not see the bottle!
    one screw, one cover, move the laser out of the way gently, and shine a torch,, lol flashlight into the hopper and you will see the little white tooth like thing.
    after talking with the customer, he apparently stuck an ARROW with a cleaning cloth down into the hopper,??? go figure, it must have moved the tooth out of position,....
    Prblem solved
    Glad you got if fixed fairly easily.

Other POS part in that model is the BRB board, that detects the toner bottles. The contacts on these bend and then you get the same symptoms as you described. Getting the BRB board out of the machine is a job and a half as it is behind the HVPSU which is behind the controller cage.....
    Press the GREEN button!!

In my case it was the contact were bent for the cyan toner and had to replace the PCB BRD in the back of the toner bottles. Good luck it's quite a job.
    242D1175162 PCB:BRB

PS- there is a bulletin for toner issue if it applies to you.
    TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN
    Copyright  2015 RICOH Americas Corporation. All rights reserved. Page 1 of 8
    BULLETIN NUMBER: D117/D118 – 012 REISSUE  10/15/2015
    APPLICABLE MODEL:
    LANIER – MP C305SPF/MP C305SP
    RICOH – AFICIO MP C305SPF/MP C305SP
    SAVIN - MP C305SPF/MP C305SP
    SUBJECT: TONER REPLACEMENT ALERT DOES NOT CLEAR / SC361 OCCURS

I had the same problem, the waste bottle was full at the same time with the toner request, and the machine gave the toner error
    Toner not set correctly.
    I hope it helped

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

ran into one the other day. the box said it was for that model machine. but the six digit part number on the box didn't match the sticker on the inside of the machine which stated the correct part number. something simple you might look at. weird part is the part # for all 4 color toners. the yellow, magenta, and cyan were in sequence. the black, which was the issue, had a totally different number. good luck.