Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Ricoh MP2851 (Savin 9228)

New account hoping to upgrade to Kon/Min end of the year. In the meantime they want maintenance done. What SP codes do I need to do when replacing the 60K maint kit along with new drum & developer? Any particular order they have to be done?
    I was looking in service manual and saw some codes but thought Ricon use to have something called a practical SP adj chart in their manuals, or maybe I'm thinking of different OEM.

Thanks for the help.

Re: Ricoh MP2851 (Savin 9228)

Initialize Dev.
    SP2801
    Done

That was only one I saw but figured there had to be a few more. Easy enough. Thanks

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I hope you are not planning to replace just the drum and developer. A new drum deserves a new cleaning blade, charge roller and charge cleaning roller. Avoid using after market parts as for most the blades can fail very quickly.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sandmanmac View Post
    Initialize Dev.
    SP2801
    Done
    & clear the 60k PM counter.
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    New account hoping to upgrade to Kon/Min end of the year. In the meantime they want maintenance done. What SP codes do I need to do when replacing the 60K maint kit along with new drum & developer? Any particular order they have to be done?
    I was looking in service manual and saw some codes but thought Ricon use to have something called a practical SP adj chart in their manuals, or maybe I'm thinking of different OEM.

Thanks for the help.
    After you've replaced the parts in the kit put everything back in the machine and start it up with the front door OPEN, go into SP mode, then you can close the front door. Wait for it to come ready then run SP 2801 TD sensor initial setting, or some similar name, then clear the paper PM counter and the 60k part PM counter.

As mentioned you will def want to replace the drum blade, charge roller, etc along with the drum and developer. I believe PMB20560k is the part number for the kit.

Bring a vacuum as you will likely have to clean out the drum cavity and the toner tray as these units tend to vomit toner out as they age unless the seals are regularly replaced. Also you should hand turn the developer augur coupler at the back of the PCDU before you do anything. If it feels very stiff or crunchy you will likely have to either replace the two gears on the mag roller or the lower development unit as the gears inside it may be shredded. The lower gears are not intended to be replaced hence the white paint locked screws holding the two halves of the lower dev unit together.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

as i have not sold a mid range ricoh b/w in a while but wasnt there that flag in the rear of a new pcu unit"im referencing type1027"
    that one the drum turned it would tell the machine to initialize and reset drum/dev unit?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    as i have not sold a mid range ricoh b/w in a while but wasnt there that flag in the rear of a new pcu unit"im referencing type1027"
    that one the drum turned it would tell the machine to initialize and reset drum/dev unit?
    2022/2027 were the last models to utilize that. Newer models with rebuildable(?) PCU do not have that.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

you can buy the 1027 photo conductor and use it in place of the 2852 if needed. Our rebuild we replace all the gears and shaft holders / devlp powder/drum /blade/charge corona then 2-801 and 7-804 60k reset.

Thanks everyone. Some great info! No not just replacing the drum & dev, the 60K kit that I mentioned has the PCR, blade, brush, drum pickers. I received the parts today and everything genuine except the drum. Thought I ordered OEM. Will this screw me? If so I'll order an OEM.

Thanks again