Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: mpc 4502 black color quality

where the machine "works" makes a big deal..
    I ve gotten machines wth little counts but had oxidation on most metal areas and others that were in warehouses where they looked like they came out of a coal mine..
    A smokers environment too..
    I have a log of accounts right at ground zero and those machines took a toll from all the crap in the air even after they had major clean ups..

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    mpc 4502 black color quality

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    where the machine "works" makes a big deal..
    I ve gotten machines wth little counts but had oxidation on most metal areas and others that were in warehouses where they looked like they came out of a coal mine..
    A smokers environment too..
    I have a log of accounts right at ground zero and those machines took a toll from all the crap in the air even after they had major clean ups..
    I had machines in an almond packing plant. The almond dust from milling sliced almonds is very fine and will work its way into the push buttons switches used for the bridge unit covers and other doors. I've even had it crap out paper drawer size switches.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anpetros View Post
    hello everybody .I have an mpc 4502 which has problem with black.Toner is not evenly distributed on the paper and i have white or more blacked areas.Please see atachment for details.black pcu has 75k.Thank you all in advance for your help.
    What's the black meter on that copier? Black Developer units on that model are supposed to go 600,000 but your black image is grainy and just a little undertoned. Clean the black laser and probably buy the D144-9640 black developer powder(which goes 300,000) ----only costs about $35 so I guess I would start by replacing that first and see if the copy quality beefs up.

If the meter is even close to 600K I would replace the Developer unit D144-3005 which only costs about $120. At least your issue is with the black------so the parts are super cheap.

They are using the good OEM Ricoh toner I assume?
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by anpetros View Post
    It was the fusing unit sleeve...Stil cannot beleive it .At 117k ,less than half of its life.That fusing unit...............Thank you very much for your help.
    Oops...I just saw you found it was the fuser sleeve ------disregard my above post. Those fuser sleeve units fail early a lot. Due to that , we always stock a bunch of them for the 02 and 03 series.

Interesting that the CMY/colors didn't manifest the grainy copy quality symptom as profoundly as the black did, since they all pass thru the same fuser.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Don't forget to clean the ID sensors. The one in the middle is for K.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING