Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Retired 10,000+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

Re: W3601, bad mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hmmmmm
    Why would it be ok wth spots b4 developer and drum blade change?
    I dont do these because the parts are so pricey and would hate to buy 1k worth of parts and
    still have issues getting paid for some new issues.
    I use to keep a small bottle of high voltage dope when working on machines with corona wire charge
    systems and dope the plastic blocks for corona leaking etc etc
    The spots are common on a drum that is due to be replaced. To get rid of them you need to replace drum, blade, charge, and cleaning brush. The over black print most likely has to do with a bad charge connection, laser is a WRITE TO NO CHARGE.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    The spots are common on a drum that is due to be replaced. To get rid of them you need to replace drum, blade, charge, and cleaning brush. The over black print most likely has to do with a bad charge connection, laser is a WRITE TO NO CHARGE.
    No laser on this box, it's a LED print head.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

OK, I fixed it and thanks for the relies. The problem was I was working on the machine with all the covers off including the original feed table. The machine was in close proximity to a window and the sunlight was hitting the LED printheads somehow (a revelation that occurred to me over the weekend). Anyways, The image quality is back with the exception of a dark area on the edges of the print (about 3 mils). Adjusting the blank margins to 10 mm did not fix that issue. But, thank God I'm making progress. Sometimes I hate working on shit I haven't been trained on or don't know much about, and these machines are a pain. Everything is huge, and it takes forever to do even the simple stuff.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

Does anyone know what could be causing a dark edge? It's coming from the machine right side, both prints and copies, about 3mm wide. I appreciate the previous help I have received from members of this forum. This repair has been less than ideal, and I'm worried about my hair turning white. Oh, wait. It already is.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

Check the right side of drum for a wear marks. Sometimes you can flip the drum and it will take care of the problem. Also make sure that your cleaning unit seals are not leaking.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

What's the size of your paper? I had this on 1 case, the tray roll was on A2 it turned out the paper was not positioned properly.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Technician

The spotting on the PDF indicates a toner spill, probably due to a bad Used Toner Basin seal...OR a small scrap of paper caught under that seal. With a bad drum, the spotting is more uniform in size, and can be corrected with Dev Bias Adjustment Image Area: SP 2201-1.
    Dark area on the right side can be caused by toner on the corona assembly. Best to remove the assy and clean/replace the main charge wire.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    W3601, bad mojo.

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Does anyone know what could be causing a dark edge? It's coming from the machine right side, both prints and copies, about 3mm wide. I appreciate the previous help I have received from members of this forum. This repair has been less than ideal, and I'm worried about my hair turning white. Oh, wait. It already is.
    Ok, this is what I did. The drum shaft is screwed in place by a spring pressured mongo plastic nut which allows for nearly 10mm of back and forth play when tightened all the way. I loosened the nut to reduce the amount of play and it did the trick. All issues have been resolved with the exception of replacing the drum (I CAN NOT believe how easy it is to damage the soft surface of these drums). Thanks for all the help, guys.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Technician

Follow up: I was on a Ricoh W3600 the other day that needed a new cleaning blade (double image + repeating black rectangle for ID sensor patch). It was not "spotting" toner on the prints, but probably was about to. I removed the drum just to check the seal, and saw that paper was caught on the pickoff pawls. Paper scraps anywhere between the seal and drum will cause spotting...also, bending back the seal (with the drum out) will help make a better contact with the drum when you reinstall.

ricoh wf.pdf

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

The spots look like recovery seal. The seal could have re-seated after some prints.
    The edge back ground...(be careful) and clean your main charge corona and grid wires.