Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

ricoh mpc2501 the customer says that often goes off line .. I go to see her tomorrow

hello everyone, I received this ticket: the customer says that sometimes goes offline, the IT guy (I know him well, smart person) says that he checked the network part and everything is ok, as I have already happened that this machine has the controller a bit weak (see other post on mp2501), I would like to know from you if it has already happened and as you may have resolved, I feel like the stink that if it is not a known problem I have to go out again and again

Senior Tech 250+ Posts jhalfhide's Avatar

Re: ricoh mpc2501 the customer says that often goes off line .. I go to see her tomor

Most common cause of this lately, is Windows using WSD ports rather than IP.

Use IP

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    ricoh mpc2501 the customer says that often goes off line .. I go to see her tomorrow

Re: ricoh mpc2501 the customer says that often goes off line .. I go to see her tomor

driver yes or yes

do not install the plug and play

go to the page and download the one that is for the machine, not the universal

and as they already explained, the ip, not wsd

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jhalfhide View Post
    Most common cause of this lately, is Windows using WSD ports rather than IP.

Use IP

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

thanks for the tip, it is one of the office of the city hall, and the network is very large and sophisticated, have other mp2051, I do not think they use wsd, the clients are all blocked, they can not install drivers and ports

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I had a customer a few years ago with a similar problem on an MP C2551. Machine would appear to go offline, print jobs would not be queued. They would cycle power on the C2551 and everything in queue would print then it would go off line again. We tried replacing having anything to do with network connection to no avail and were convinced it had to do with the network, possibly the switch. The had another C2551 in another part of the building and swapped the 2. The problem stayed with the location so they replaced a 5 year old 32 port switch. Problem solved along with 2 computers that had been having problems connecting to the internet.