Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ricoh 1224C Network scanning question

Hi,

some years ago i got a Ricoh 1224C for nothing and took it in storage. The fuser unit was out of order.
    Recently i cleaned out my storage and got a new fuser for this machine and it works again,
    with some few problems regarding the magenta developer unit, a very slight image skew and
    a smear problem in the duplex unit.

I am able to print over my LAN connection, but i was not able to scan over the network.

It seems that there is no working twain driver for Windows 7 x64, and no substitute for that old
    scanrouter software wich won't work on Windows 7. The newer "Globalscan" software from
    Ricoh seems to be unable to recognize that old machine.

Now my questions:

Is there a third party software for this machine to enable Windows 7 to scan over
    the network or do i have to install a SMTP-Server somewhere in my network and then using the scan
    to mail option?
    Can i possibly scan to the internal harddisk of this machine and use FTP to get the image?
    Did i have overlooked some simple solution?
    Is there a simple solution with Windows 7?

Regards,

Thomas Altmeyer

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: Ricoh 1224C Network scanning question

The answers to your 4 questions are:
    No
    No
    No
    and, No

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

If you got the 1224c for nothing, you still paid too much! These are Ricoh's worst boxes of the past twenty years.

I'm surprised that scanrouter doesn't work on windows 7. I used to install scanrouter all the time in the early 2000's and I have some customers still using it (or at least they have a delivery server IP entered in the appropriate spot in the machine).

I guess your best solution would be to buy a separate little machine for scanning, getting an old windows 95 computer would be more work than it's worth.

wow. you are talking about the worst machine in ricoh's production. like ancient Egyptian machines ha ha.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vargue View Post
    wow. you are talking about the worst machine in ricoh's production. like ancient Egyptian machines ha ha.
    Actually it is considered a dinosaur.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had a customer a while back who needed to upload off the doc server to their PC. We used this option. Look on the controller side of the machine and see if there is a board in the slot that the wireless option would go in. Check these values also
    SP No.

Value

SP No.

Value

SP No

Value

5-836-01

0(seeNOTE)

5-836-74

5-836-83

5-836-02

5-836-75

5-836-84

5-836-71

5-836-76

5-836-85

5-836-72

5-836-81

5-836-86

[IMG]file:///page550image39648[/IMG] 5-836-73

5-836-82

5-836-91

NOTE: When you want to capture images using e-Cabinet, SP5-836-01 must beset to “1”.

1.5.1 PURPOSE OF THE FILE FORMAT CONVERTER (MLB)
    In previous models (such as B003 or B022 Series), DeskTopBinder V2 couldretrieve copy and print jobs from the document server and convert them to a TIFFformat. However, this software-based conversion was slow for many users.
    So, for this machine, this conversion has been made hardware-based, using theoptional File Format Converter. Without the File Format Converter, copy and printjobs cannot be downloaded to a PC (or e-Cabinet) from the document server.
    Two common target formats are provided for conversion to files that can beselected by the SP modes: JPEG, and TIFF.
    In scanner mode, users can select file format from TIFF, JPEG, or PDF. The timeto create TIFF and JPEG files will be shortened with the File Format Converter,especially for high resolution scanning and large image size. When the customerselects PDF, the machine creates a TIFF or JPEG file from the scanned image firstthen converts it to PDF. So, the total time to create a PDF is also shortened withthe File Format Converter.
    The sRGB color space can be selected in color scanning mode. The color-scanneddata (RGB data) are converted to sRGB color space using the File FormatConverter.

Hi,

i didn't know (when i aquired that machine) that it was considered "a dinosaur", "ancient egyptian machine", "Ricoh's worst machine" or in another
    german forum "Pandoras Box". The worst machine i've seen so far was the Canon CLC200/300 series and some ancient Konica machines....

Anyway, i was able to solve my scan problem. I installed an SMPT Server and got that machine an account there so it can mail the scans.
    The configuration of the server (especially forwarding the mails to another IMAP box) was a little bit tricky.

My magenta development problem was the backside gear not engaging properly, resettling the developer unit solved that problem.

The smear problem in the duplex unit was an unidentifyable piece of crap in the paper pathway and the slight image skew seems
    to be a problem with the paper registration roller in the magazin.

to Brianneoe:

I'll check this out, a file format converter is installed in the machine.

Does someone have documentation about that small maintenance shell wich is reachable with a telnet-command to the machine?

Regards,
    Thomas Altmeyer

I thinke there may be some commands wich a excluded in the internal help file of it... ?!?

Hi,

i didn't know (when i aquired that machine) that it was considered "a dinosaur", "ancient egyptian machine", "Ricoh's worst machine" or in another
    german forum "Pandoras Box". The worst machine i've seen so far was the Canon CLC200/300 series and some ancient Konica machines....

Anyway, i was able to solve my scan problem. I installed an SMPT Server and got that machine an account there so it can mail the scans.
    The configuration of the server (especially forwarding the mails to another IMAP box) was a little bit tricky.

My magenta development problem was the backside gear not engaging properly, resettling the developer unit solved that problem.

The smear problem in the duplex unit was an unidentifyable piece of crap in the paper pathway and the slight image skew seems

to Brianneoe: I'll check this out, a file format converter is installed in the machine.

Does someone have documentation about that small maintenance shell wich is reachable with a telnet-command to the machine?
    I think there may be some commands wich are excluded in the internal help file of it... ?!?

Regards,

Thomas Altmeyer
    Last edited by taltmeyer; 03-03-2019 at 06:33 PM.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by taltmeyer View Post
    Hi,

to Brianneoe: I'll check this out, a file format converter is installed in the machine.

I think there may be some commands wich are excluded in the internal help file of it... ?!?

Regards,

Thomas Altmeyer
    Good luck when the machine crashes a HDD and you can't get a replacement.

[QUOTE=Brianneoe;733689]I had a customer a while back who needed to upload off the doc server to their PC. We used this option. Look on the controller side of the machine and see if there is a board in the slot that the wireless option would go in."
    You CLEARLY don't realise that this model of machine was around BEFORE wireless was invented