Technician

ricoh mpc300 duplex problem

hello, there is a problem in duplex in mpc300, paper jam before going to to right door,i doubt in the solenoid over the heater , i can not find any help in the service manual , can experts lead me to popular errors in duplex unit and how to deal with, thank you

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    ricoh mpc300 duplex problem

Re: ricoh mpc300 duplex problem

You might start by giving us the jam number that is being displayed. That number tells us a lot more than what you posted.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts Polarbear's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by batabusiness View Post
    hello, there is a problem in duplex in mpc300, paper jam before going to to right door,i doubt in the solenoid over the heater , i can not find any help in the service manual , can experts lead me to popular errors in duplex unit and how to deal with, thank you
    Hi

the flap that is part of the interchange, likes to stick, or break apart, as it is made of similar plastic to the fusing covers, and becomes brittle over time. If stuck in the wrong direction it causes jams. if you push the flap it must return immediately, not delayed or slowly, basically jump back.

You also want to check all the guides in the right door itself, in the area of the fusing unit, for similar movement, and that none of the teeth on these are broken off, as this will catch the paper.
    Press the GREEN button!!

Technician

thank you for your reply, yes i think the flap is slow , may the hing is blocked, also i noticed there is no spring , in the extreme right of the flap,i will follow up , thank you