Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    MP 2851 error code SC 551

I know this is for end thermistor. Has to be related, just installed the fuser maint kit around 2 weeks ago and it was working fine. Had customer try SC 5-810 over phone and it would not reset. Going back with a new thermistor tomorrow. I don't know Ricoh that well but rebuilding that fuser is straightforward and not that hard. Any tricks to installing thermistors? Thought I had them in right.

Thanks for any help

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: MP 2851 error code SC 551

You are correct. Installing the thermistor is straight forward in this copier. You could have gotten a bad one, or there is a some junk on the thermistor that needs to be cleaned off.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: MP 2851 error code SC 551

While you have the fuser out, check the thermostats for continuity.An open thermostat will give the same error codes as the corresponding thermistor.

Post Re: MP 2851 error code SC 551

Quote Originally Posted by copyman View Post
    I know this is for end thermistor. Has to be related, just installed the fuser maint kit around 2 weeks ago and it was working fine. Had customer try SC 5-810 over phone and it would not reset. Going back with a new thermistor tomorrow. I don't know Ricoh that well but rebuilding that fuser is straightforward and not that hard. Any tricks to installing thermistors? Thought I had them in right.

Thanks for any help
    Sometimes when heated up thermistors will bend outwards & lose contact with heater roller. check whether it properly contact with roller or try to remove it out & bend inward slightly 7 put it back. also check with multimeter, whether it has around 270 kilo ohms resistance in uncontactable state.