I just refurbished a 2232c for a non-profit. They spent some money on new drums and yesterday everything was working totally fine. It's super low mileage unit they got for free. (less than 100,000 pages) In fact it was performing better than newer stuff for several weeks after putting in new drums. (followed service manual exactly!)

Today it just has the main power led lit up, but the lcd doesn't turn on, nothing happens when you push the power button. If you flip main switch, it makes a bit of noise and the HDD spins up, but nothing else.

There is an LED1 on the mainboard that blinks for about 10 seconds, then stops and stays steady blinking (about 2 / sec.)

It seems like everything is getting power. No fuses are blown. Can't figure it out and I am really frustrated about it.

Any help or advice would help. The only thing I'm thinking is bad firmware that wont even boot to the first stages, I'm not familiar on how to boot from a card, or where to get the firmware to make that happen anyway.