Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

mpc3003 magenta saturation after delivery

Hoi,
    Machine had a good QA here in shop, but after delivery magenta white bands (cfr example) occured.
    all color pcdu = 75K
    Total counter = ap. 300K.
    Have cleaned the magenta pcdu and charge roller (was not dirty).
    Thank you for helping.
    mpc3003 Allimex na levering.pdf

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Re: mpc3003 magenta saturation after delivery

i ve found when i move machines sometimes the developer units get some "clumps and bigger particles kicked up"
    sorta like running you car till empty and all that nasty stuff pops up.
    depending on how much will tell you what you need to do..
    Pull your drum and ck the dev unit mag brush.
    of course you did the wand 1st?

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    i ve found when i move machines sometimes the developer units get some "clumps and bigger particles kicked up"
    sorta like running you car till empty and all that nasty stuff pops up.
    depending on how much will tell you what you need to do..
    Pull your drum and ck the dev unit mag brush.
    of course you did the wand 1st?
    fs: i know that cleaning the doctor blade is a solution for white lines, but I have never done this before.
    Do you think that this problem is due to a dirty doctor blade?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    fs: i know that cleaning the doctor blade is a solution for white lines, but I have never done this before.
    Do you think that this problem is due to a dirty doctor blade?
    I ve seen it with moved machines and machines sitting to long in warehouse..
    If there is voids on the mag roller brush there will be voids..
    there are many options to fix this on here ..

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I swear 95% of my service calls on the '03 series is related to the Magenta in some way....Mostly ends in me replacing the Magenta PCDU.

I agree with everyone else that you have some buildup on the doctor blade and i usually clean that by inserting a piece of paper in-between that and the mag roller while turning it to clear it...Not guaranteed that it wont come back though...But you said you already did that??

Unfortunately as far as i'm concerned they don't sell just the developer for this unit like they did on models in the past. You have to buy a whole new developer unit which is a bit pricey. I usually just replace the whole unit from parts machines in my shop.

If it does this with a new unit then there is something on the laser slit glass on top or underneath it.

Quote Originally Posted by ABS tect View Post
    I swear 95% of my service calls on the '03 series is related to the Magenta in some way....Mostly ends in me replacing the Magenta PCDU.

I agree with everyone else that you have some buildup on the doctor blade and i usually clean that by inserting a piece of paper in-between that and the mag roller while turning it to clear it...Not guaranteed that it wont come back though...But you said you already did that??

Unfortunately as far as i'm concerned they don't sell just the developer for this unit like they did on models in the past. You have to buy a whole new developer unit which is a bit pricey. I usually just replace the whole unit from parts machines in my shop.

If it does this with a new unit then there is something on the laser slit glass on top or underneath it.
    ABS: thanks for your reply. I have started with cleaning the laser glass, no good. I have try to clean the black doctor blade, no good, but it could be i'm doing it wrong. In how many cases you had positive result by cleaning a doctor blade?

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    I ve seen it with moved machines and machines sitting to long in warehouse..
    If there is voids on the mag roller brush there will be voids..
    there are many options to fix this on here ..
    fs: thanks for your reply. And one of these fixing solutions is cleaning the doctor blade? In how many cases you had succesfully cleaned one?

ABS: thanks for your reply. I have started with cleaning the laser glass, no good. I have try to clean the black doctor blade, no good, but it could be i'm doing it wrong. In how many cases you had positive result by cleaning a doctor blade?
    I have cleaned the black doctor blade because there is also a white line in black... (look at photograph)
    It didn't help, so i have not cleaned the magenta D.B. at all.
    You see?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Usually just comes back and is a headache to have to do it over and over again...since i keep several backups in stock i've learned to just replace the whole unit.
    75k is very early though for this to start occuring....are you using OEM toner?

you can empty the dev unit and sieve it clean or you can a bag of developer..
    Yes I have seen sets of developer offered for the 03..Might be chinese knock offs but i have bought a lot
    of chinese stuff and a lot looks just like rico oem even wth the exact PN etc and packaging.
    Lets face it very little is MADE IN JAPAN, just like very little is MADE IN USA..
    It all about quality control...