DF Skewing on MPC 3003

Hi all,

Having a problem where customer does a lot of design work, writes over the original then copies that sometimes up to 3 times. Each time he copies it and measures with trianglular ruler the lines skew further and further away.
    Copies are done via DF portrait way up. Although when I tried it, it also does it from the glass. I thought this would be a case of someone leaning on machine so I would have to lift the front left corner of the scanner up.
    But before I did that I checked the master print and that was very slightly misaligned, barely noticeable but not perfectly straight.
    I cleaned out whole DF as general service anyway and checked lamps, couldn't see any faults. When scanning the image through DF landscape it makes the problem a lot less noticeable.
    Do you reckon it is still a case of lifting the corner of the scanner up, I don't want to make it worse if it is a different fault entirely.

Thanks

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: DF Skewing on MPC 3003

Mostly there is always a little skewing, both copy or printing.
    You can increase the paperbuckle at registration.

Adjusted paper buckle but made no improvements. Updated firmware for the sake of things. Tried lifting the scanner up a bit.
    I am swapping out the whole DF soon for constant paper jam problems, the location it is in is heavy with dust from constant saws and woodworking and I think it is starting to take its toll. So after that I will go back through service mode and try to calibrate it as close as I can get.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    DF Skewing on MPC 3003

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    Adjusted paper buckle but made no improvements. Updated firmware for the sake of things. Tried lifting the scanner up a bit.
    I am swapping out the whole DF soon for constant paper jam problems, the location it is in is heavy with dust from constant saws and woodworking and I think it is starting to take its toll. So after that I will go back through service mode and try to calibrate it as close as I can get.
    a difference of 2mm is 'normal'
    now if you take original..copy it is the 2mm off... then you take that copy and make a copy 2mm more and on and on.

the machine isn't at fault it's your dumbass customer!

I tried to be clever with it and thoguht if it bends towards the left by 2mm when I copy it again upside down in theory it should bend back 2mm. Instead it didn't do that but I don't think it made it worse. I think we both know if I told him what you just said I will be met with 'But it never used to do that/ the last machine never did that'
    If the whole line moved 2mm it wouldn't really matter but it's the fact a 7 inch line starts in the same place as the mater copy but ends 2mm off, then the next copy starts in the same place and bends 4mm. So a square shape becomes a rhombus type shape if that makes sense.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    DF Skewing on MPC 3003

Quote Originally Posted by JayPaul View Post
    I tried to be clever with it and thoguht if it bends towards the left by 2mm when I copy it again upside down in theory it should bend back 2mm. Instead it didn't do that but I don't think it made it worse. I think we both know if I told him what you just said I will be met with 'But it never used to do that/ the last machine never did that'
    If the whole line moved 2mm it wouldn't really matter but it's the fact a 7 inch line starts in the same place as the mater copy but ends 2mm off, then the next copy starts in the same place and bends 4mm. So a square shape becomes a rhombus type shape if that makes sense.
    ok that problem IS explained in the SM