Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

There you go since your welsh??Attachment 42047
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

This has been a on going problem with these feeders for a good 2 years now. Every time we bring it up all we hear is that Japan is looking into it. So far the only "fix"that have been working for me is to push off the rubber of a AF032080 sep roller (MP6002 and various other models)and push it on to the hub of the ADF roller. Because the roller is a little shorter than the original roller you will want to space it evenly.

Push off the rubber, if you try to get under it it will only split. You can just slice off the white sep roller material with a knife.

Good luck..

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    You can adjust where the "top" of the document is in the scanning menu before scanning the document under original feed type. This will prevent them from having to rotate the document in software.
    THANK YOU
    this will be very useful for a customer that opens up letters and does not straighten out the creases. Once setting is done i might set it as a default too and tell them from now on scan a4r direction

ben

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Brianneoe View Post
    This has been a on going problem with these feeders for a good 2 years now. Every time we bring it up all we hear is that Japan is looking into it. So far the only "fix"that have been working for me is to push off the rubber of a AF032080 sep roller (MP6002 and various other models)and push it on to the hub of the ADF roller. Because the roller is a little shorter than the original roller you will want to space it evenly.

Push off the rubber, if you try to get under it it will only split. You can just slice off the white sep roller material with a knife.

Good luck..
    Thank you Brian will give it a try

ben

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by semi View Post
    There you go since your welsh??Attachment 42047
    thank you Semi, will give it a read between calls. You know how it is Six nation Kings

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    I have not been able to find free run for SPDF only RADF and I also have jam/double feed issues with a SPDF on MPC 6004, but they scan a lot of carbonless paper sheets, everything replaced still jams even on normal paper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ben View Post
    I feel your pain brother
    It is in SPECIAL SP mode. For machines with regular panels hold # when you hit the system Sp button on the screen. For smart op panels You have to hold one of the EX buttons under the cover on the left side of the panel I think it is the third button.

This also applies to the 54/55 series BW machines.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

We've had some success in slowing the scan speed. You can slow it down by increasing the dpi (up to 300/400/600) in the scan settings. Some customers will gripe about it being too slow afterwards, but most are fine with it. We've bumped most of them up to 300 dpi before they go out the door, seems to help.

Tried the Blue rubber roller, and quickly went back to what's supposed to be on there.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

Multi-sheet feeding-check the reverse roller torgue limiter if it uses one.