Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

Hi
    were having problems with customers complaining of jams or pulls to many in the df. even after changing rollers/ belt / sep.
    in service mode you can do a adf freerun mode to test it. the test on an amount of sheets takes 60 seconds. (slow) go out of service mode try scan to folder/email same amount of sheets its way faster 20seconds.

Were trying to make it slower to save having these calls. sometimes its to do with what the customer is putting through it

Was wondering if theses an SP adjustment??
    spoke to ricoh they said use sp 6901-002 to 1 then # its made no difference

i informed customers they can do a4r scanning but then complaints that they have to rotate the document on there pdf

thanks

ben

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

What are the counters of the ADF?

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi Mark

only done 32k on the df. its fine on free run and intermittent jams on scan to folder/ scan to email. even the customer asked it would help if it was slower

I have not been able to find free run for SPDF only RADF and I also have jam/double feed issues with a SPDF on MPC 6004, but they scan a lot of carbonless paper sheets, everything replaced still jams even on normal paper.

37K, Guides won't be worn jet...
    Sure there must be an RTB on this problem, no?!

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Hi

Try with firmware update -SPDF

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Ben View Post
    Hi
    were having problems with customers complaining of jams or pulls to many in the df. even after changing rollers/ belt / sep.
    in service mode you can do a adf freerun mode to test it. the test on an amount of sheets takes 60 seconds. (slow) go out of service mode try scan to folder/email same amount of sheets its way faster 20seconds.

Were trying to make it slower to save having these calls. sometimes its to do with what the customer is putting through it

Was wondering if theses an SP adjustment??
    spoke to ricoh they said use sp 6901-002 to 1 then # its made no difference

i informed customers they can do a4r scanning but then complaints that they have to rotate the document on there pdf

thanks

ben
    You can adjust where the "top" of the document is in the scanning menu before scanning the document under original feed type. This will prevent them from having to rotate the document in software.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Unhappy Re: mpc 3004/3504 SPDF3080 slowing the scan to email/folder speed to stop jams

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    I have not been able to find free run for SPDF only RADF and I also have jam/double feed issues with a SPDF on MPC 6004, but they scan a lot of carbonless paper sheets, everything replaced still jams even on normal paper.

I feel your pain brother

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    37K, Guides won't be worn jet...
    Sure there must be an RTB on this problem, no?!
    Hi Mark,
    i will have to have a look on my Ricoh mate. ive been flat out this week. its good to kmow a lot of other engineers are having this issue

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rhe View Post
    Hi

Try with firmware update -SPDF
    done this mate