Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: New Model IM

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: New Model IM

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    And now with us having to install Remote Connect on the panels of the 04 series it also seems as though Ricoh might be moving away from Service/Supplies operators as well.
    Remote connect only allows operator to log into machine at customers request to change settings if need be.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts
    New Model IM

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Here's my take on customer replacing parts 1. They can barely load the paper correctly 2. Most of them can't follow instructions even the pictogram on the toner box 3. Lazy 4. Most don't have time to deal with the machine.......I could go on but you guys already know most of this. Hell most of the time I can't even walk them through simple task over the phone. Pretty sure this new series isn't going to put any techs out of work.
    I agree .. even back when the printers had AIO units.. We constantly got calls.. "Can't get cart in " " Fuser doesn't fit you gave me wrong one!" etc etc

most times the dumb asses didn't: read instructions... didn't remove toner seal tape.. packing materials.

I remember when they came out with the "Personal Confuser" that it would be soooo easy.. I worked a help desk back then...

STUPID PEOPLE kept me busy and fed...

and people haven't evolved ANY since then...

look at the threads.. Techs don't even read manuals or think for themselves any more... just jump on CTN and ask "Copier 101" questions!

New Model IM

Originally Posted by Oze

Quote Originally Posted by davel View Post
    Remote connect only allows operator to log into machine at customers request to change settings if need be.

Yes, the remote connect only allows the "support person" (dealer, or whoever the customer chooses) to access at customer's request, and is pretty limited as to what it can do. Plus it costs money.
    Now, on the other hand you have the "Remote Panel Operation" function, that allows IT and Admins to control the machine (way more control then remote connect)on the same network for "instant" troubleshooting/ configuring. Screen can be Locked (blacked out) while changing settings, or Unlocked (End user can see everything being controlled/ changed). Simple enabling of screen settings on machine side and an Admin login through WIM to get up and going. Plus, It's FREE! Nice "new" feature that I haven't had much time to play with, yet.

Working on trying to post the Technical Reference guide for it. (File is too large).

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Originally Posted by Oze

Yes, the remote connect only allows the "support person" (dealer, or whoever the customer chooses) to access at customer's request, and is pretty limited as to what it can do. Plus it costs money.
    Now, on the other hand you have the "Remote Panel Operation" function, that allows IT and Admins to control the machine (way more control then remote connect)on the same network for "instant" troubleshooting/ configuring. Screen can be Locked (blacked out) while changing settings, or Unlocked (End user can see everything being controlled/ changed). Simple enabling of screen settings on machine side and an Admin login through WIM to get up and going. Plus, It's FREE! Nice "new" feature that I haven't had much time to play with, yet.

Working on trying to post the Technical Reference guide for it. (File is too large).
    Ricoh in Australia doesn't appear to be charging for Remote Connect/Remote Support.
    I've been turning on Remote Support,Remote Connect and Remote panel as a suite.
    Seems to be a jumped up Team viewer to me.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Anyone had any issues getting logged in as an admin?

Have just taken delivery of an IMC 5500 and admin/blank doesn't work? Same with supervisor/blank.

New Model IM

Quote Originally Posted by OutlawTorn View Post
    Anyone had any issues getting logged in as an admin?

Have just taken delivery of an IMC 5500 and admin/blank doesn't work? Same with supervisor/blank.
    I just did a setup on a 430, and it looks like you're FORCED to put in a password now.... No more "admin/blank" I guess.

Try admin/admin... and see if that gets you in.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    I just did a setup on a 430, and it looks like you're FORCED to put in a password now.... No more "admin/blank" I guess.

Try admin/admin... and see if that gets you in.
    No luck sadly, I've also tried admin/password with no luck - not sure if this is something across the board or we have a duff machine?!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    Itīs essential to enter a supervisor-password at installation. Administrator is not necessary (=Blank). Otherwise you canīt access the machine with the WIM.
    Greetings...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

After a bit of digging I've discovered the new admin password is system@emea

Strange one...

That's weird I just got IMC 3500 in yesterday and it had the same startup as all the IMC 4500 I have put out so far, first time you turn it on it asks you to put in the admin and supervisor passwords to which I just press 'OK' and leave it blank. Did you get to do that or did it just load up and start loading toner and go to Home screen? If so someone else put in that password before you
    OR are you saying that a new batch of IMC are going to start coming out with this @emea password pre installed on them?