Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: New Model IM

  1. #1
    Senior Tech 1,000+ Posts
    New Model IM

    mikadonovan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Posts
    2,183
    Rep Power
    55

    New Model IM

    Hi, All I was wondering if anyone has had experience with the IM series, and what are your thoughts on the machine?
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

  2. #2
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    440
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: New Model IM

    Great boxes. User replaceable PCDU, IMAGE TRANSFER, FUSER UNITS.

    Superfast display, app for input output test. Internal z folder option, Remote control via WIM, automatic fw update.

    Positive first impression.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

  3. #3
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    New Model IM

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: New Model IM

    We have installed 4 of these so far. Set up isn't much different than the 04, the control panel is better IMO also the apps look a little different. As far as running I guess we'll see soon enough. For the average end user the difference are slight because you still have the classic apps. I'm sure we'll have bugs to work out like all Ricohs it's just a matter of time.

  4. #4
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: New Model IM

    So far so good. Lots of positive improvements. The new op panel is much more responsive. The consumables are very similar to the SPC printer models that have user replaceable components. Killing Java is going to be good in the long run. At least it is still an option for now for legacy apps.

    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: New Model IM

    The new models look good but Ricoh tells our company that with spare parts that are easy to install, technicians will serve less and less (the customer will change them directly). I don't think so but what's your idea?

  6. #6
    Technician JayPaul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Southampton
    Posts
    23
    Rep Power
    14

    Re: New Model IM

    I work for a dealer, not Ricoh direct but it seems like they are trying to cut down on engineers. There has been some mileage disputes or something in some places, then the IMC range has user replaceable parts and the Smart Integration is meant to be only used by customers with video how to guides so engineers don't have to even learn about it.
    As for the IMC range itself I like how they are so far, put 1 out last week and putting 1 out today. Looking forward to seeing how they are although I'm not sure I trust most of my customers to change a PCU without hitting the drum against something and instantly ruining it!

  7. #7
    Technician Kimi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    48
    Rep Power
    3

    Re: New Model IM

    Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    So far so good. Lots of positive improvements. The new op panel is much more responsive. The consumables are very similar to the SPC printer models that have user replaceable components. Killing Java is going to be good in the long run. At least it is still an option for now for legacy apps.

    Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Do you sell Safecom? I have been told that Nuance will not be providing a SOP version of Safecom. We have a few big contracts with Ricoh/Safecom.

  8. #8
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    New Model IM

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: New Model IM

    Here's my take on customer replacing parts 1. They can barely load the paper correctly 2. Most of them can't follow instructions even the pictogram on the toner box 3. Lazy 4. Most don't have time to deal with the machine.......I could go on but you guys already know most of this. Hell most of the time I can't even walk them through simple task over the phone. Pretty sure this new series isn't going to put any techs out of work.

  9. #9
    How'd ya manage that? 500+ Posts zed255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    876
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: New Model IM

    Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Here's my take on customer replacing parts 1. They can barely load the paper correctly 2. Most of them can't follow instructions even the pictogram on the toner box 3. Lazy 4. Most don't have time to deal with the machine.......I could go on but you guys already know most of this. Hell most of the time I can't even walk them through simple task over the phone. Pretty sure this new series isn't going to put any techs out of work.
    I agree, but we are seeing a definite shift in what Ricoh wants. We are seeing the older tenured techs being packaged out and replaced with young techs that Ricoh has no intention on advancing through a career path (the management actually said so). They seem to want a small number of experienced techs good at troubleshooting and the rest will be less-skilled parts changers/ toner mopper-uppers.

    The new series will allow a guy like me to be replaced with two young guns who don't know $h!t from beans...
    Zed
    One out of four people is mentally unbalanced.
    Think of your three closest friends...
    If they seem okay, then You're The One.

  10. #10
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    New Model IM

    JDYAL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sunshine Beach Fl
    Posts
    121
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: New Model IM

    Quote Originally Posted by zed255 View Post
    I agree, but we are seeing a definite shift in what Ricoh wants. We are seeing the older tenured techs being packaged out and replaced with young techs that Ricoh has no intention on advancing through a career path (the management actually said so). They seem to want a small number of experienced techs good at troubleshooting and the rest will be less-skilled parts changers/ toner mopper-uppers.

    The new series will allow a guy like me to be replaced with two young guns who don't know $h!t from beans...

    That may work for a short time until you get that first sc 670 code. That's when you need a real tech with experience. Our company has had a hard time finding good competent techs. I finally have one now. Don't sell yourself short.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here