Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Looking for updates on those here that are rebuilding the mpc3503/04 drum units

hi
    I am looking to stock up some drums.drum blades,lub bars for some mpc3503/mpc4503 series i have in the field.anD is there any difference in drum from mpc2503 to mpc4503?
    I am curious how they are holding up and is there anything else you change PCR?cleaning PCR.
    ANy tips you find?
    thanks

NJBecker

Re: Looking for updates on those here that are rebuilding the mpc3503/04 drum units

If you send me your email address, I'll send you Q2's rebuild instructions.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Looking for updates on those here that are rebuilding the mpc3503/04 drum units

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hi
    I am looking to stock up some drums.drum blades,lub bars for some mpc3503/mpc4503 series i have in the field.anD is there any difference in drum from mpc2503 to mpc4503?
    I am curious how they are holding up and is there anything else you change PCR?cleaning PCR.
    ANy tips you find?
    thanks
    I didn't know those parts were avalible, are they normal parts through Ricoh?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    I didn't know those parts were avalible, are they normal parts through Ricoh?
    as for rico i dont swim in that ocean but i dont think so..
    What i know from previous experience rebuilding fax and printer cartridges is there were grade A
    Japanese drum and grade A German drums..YOU HIT THEM WTH A hammer and they would not
    show it..now there is a lot of Korean and Chinese and some of them might be suppliers to rico themselves...

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

The Q2 '03 pcu rebuild kits have been working ok for me. Be sure and use the Q2 lube bar as it is better than oem. And don't lose the tiny springs from the charge roller assy.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Senior Tech 100+ Posts CopyBats's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    The Q2 '03 pcu rebuild kits have been working ok for me. Be sure and use the Q2 lube bar as it is better than oem. And don't lose the tiny springs from the charge roller assy.
    Hey,

Do you happen to have the instructions for the Q2 rebuild?

How would you rate their performance now?

Thanks for your time
    If it works, don't touch it.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopyBats View Post
    Hey,

Do you happen to have the instructions for the Q2 rebuild?

How would you rate their performance now?

Thanks for your time
    I have experienced early failure on these. I could only do B&W scan to keep the file size under the limit, and it doesn't look too good.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by mikadonovan; 07-08-2020 at 04:10 PM.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Just fit the Cxx04 drums (D2392243) in the '03 machine (as long as it's C3xxx on up). No mods (except for the normal lube bar spring adjustment).
    Not sure how much your rebuild kits cost, but i know the cost of the '04 drums is Substantially cheaper than the '03's.
    Omertà

Copier Technician 1,000+ Posts

Rebuild kits are a waste of time just fit the correct parts or 04 pcu's in 03 as they a little cheaper to buy
    Regards Mark

FOR TRADE AND END USER SERVICE CALLS PLEASE VISIT WEB SITE FOR CONTACT DETAILS. COVERING GREATER LONDON {UK} AND ALL SURROUNDING COUNTIES.

RICOH, CANON, KYOCERA, KONICA, SHARP, HP/SAMSUNG BROTHER, LEXMARK.

https://copierservices.simdif.com