Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Pizzaman for new model IMC

A director of Ricoh Italy told us that for the maintenance of the new IMC series just the pizza man is enough. The cost of the work must decrease and therefore the technicians must move to other tasks (obviously of sales). A bit humiliating speech for us technicians that we have remedied for years and years of problems on Ricoh machines, do you agree?

Re: Pizzaman for new model IMC

In the near future the customers will be happy about a lot of pizza!

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zeldaman's Avatar

Hi there!
    They allways tell the same bull**it, when a new model appears. Long time ago the salespeople from Minolta said we´re no longer needed, the new series (Di 2/350!!!!!) is so good.
    Astonishing that i´m in buissnes unti now. As said before, let a customer change a drum, when it´s impossible for him to refill paper correct.
    Greetings...

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts luca72's Avatar

Cool Re: Pizzaman for new model IMC

Quote Originally Posted by nathan92 View Post
    A director of Ricoh Italy told us that for the maintenance of the new IMC series just the pizza man is enough. The cost of the work must decrease and therefore the technicians must move to other tasks (obviously of sales). A bit humiliating speech for us technicians that we have remedied for years and years of problems on Ricoh machines, do you agree?

I love pizza, I eat it almost every day, but without work and without money, how can I buy it? .. LOL.. aside from the jokes, I noticed a significant improvement in reliability in the latest models ... especially in weight, now we will have less back pain in the evening ...

The toughts of Managment towards the Fields Services has always been the same.
    We are a costs they dont want and not understanding what we do.

Fixing the problem is only half the job.

I used to work for a larg corprate company who had these thoughts about the field services and started the process of bringing in less trianed contractors and the Technical couriers (box swoppers).

The box swoppers were payed per drop and never tested the kit and never spoke to the users.

Hence to say the large Global Bank in every Hight street cancelled the contract due to bad service!.

They also wanted all the PAYE engineers to walk out on a Friday and come back on Monday as a contractor.
    I took voluntary redundancy after 20 years of service.

Out of that rat race.

Dave

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zeldaman View Post
    Hi there!
    They allways tell the same bull**it, when a new model appears. Long time ago the salespeople from Minolta said we´re no longer needed, the new series (Di 2/350!!!!!) is so good.
    Astonishing that i´m in buissnes unti now. As said before, let a customer change a drum, when it´s impossible for him to refill paper correct.
    Greetings...
    Kyocera's new empty-toner-becomes-waste-bottle fits in this category. We still get calls from customers that try to change toner when it says waste bottle, try to change black toner when cyan is needed, call when the screen says "Load A4 Paper" when no A4 is loaded, etc. If they can't even read the goddamn screen, how are they supposed to handle this cartridge swapping business? Less than 10% of our current customer base is capable of thinking this through. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts Zaxxon's Avatar

Now the customers can take out and trash the PCDU, Image Transfer Unit and Fusing unit they will sure mount all part on the shelf. My guess is this user replacements, will generate even more service calls.

When this is said, we are in a dying business guys, it’s time to move on sooner or later anyway.
    Please start you post with brand, model, problem.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxxon View Post
    Now the customers can take out and trash the PCDU, Image Transfer Unit and Fusing unit they will sure mount all part on the shelf. My guess is this user replacements, will generate even more service calls.

When this is said, we are in a dying business guys, it’s time to move on sooner or later anyway.
    If by "dying" you mean record sales and growth year over year. Maybe you need to move on to a better company.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar

Paper use has gone down in a lot of businesses, but as our main focus is IT, we've been able to leverage MFP support as a means of converting paper input to electronic, and creating workable copies of electronic files.

For our customer service heavy customers, paper use has been heavy, and grows along with their customer base. Some of our back office customers have gone almost entirely paperless, but then it's a question of scanning configuration and print on demand using the Document Server on the machine.

Paper has lasted for centuries in some form or another, and it's not going anywhere soon and neither are dumb users.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rthonpm View Post
    Paper use has gone down in a lot of businesses, but as our main focus is IT, we've been able to leverage MFP support as a means of converting paper input to electronic, and creating workable copies of electronic files.

For our customer service heavy customers, paper use has been heavy, and grows along with their customer base. Some of our back office customers have gone almost entirely paperless, but then it's a question of scanning configuration and print on demand using the Document Server on the machine.

Paper has lasted for centuries in some form or another, and it's not going anywhere soon and neither are dumb users.

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk
    Re. Paper going south:
    A lot of "out-dated" paper will be placed to the rear of important daily business.
    It will provide a lasting but satisfying relief when business gets real runny,moderate or hard.
    The method of placing paper to the rear is proprietary to each individual doing the business.
    Sometimes the paper is crunched. Sometimes the paper is folded.
    It cannot be emphasized enough that business is business, and requires good
    quality paper when placed to the rear.
    It should never be taken for granted even if the high quality of the paper is free.
    If you run out of good quality business paper Holla' out --MMMMOOM!!
    She usually comes running with a good quality roll of rear business paper....
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••