Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

MP301 Right Cover refuses to open

Hi... Please help me with this issue, i have searched thread and not found any similar complaint which is also really odd

Problem: I have worked with the range of smaller machines from 1515 to 201. The right cover opens and closes like a right cover shud ..
    However, to open the right cover of the MP301 is a struggle... Is this just the 15 machines i have encountered or is this an issue with this model.
    To ease this problem I have reduced the tension on the spring plate that is screwed on to the discharge plate (located on the right cover) and it has eased this problem a great deal..

My questions..
    1] Is this normal to have a tight, hard to open right cover?
    2] Have there been any modifications to ease this issue? (I have no direct access to Ricoh)
    3] Will there be any other issue i will encounter by me reducing the tension of the spring as mentioned above?

As always, your field observations & experience with same will be extremely welcome.

Thanks Loads

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Re: MP301 Right Cover refuses to open

The reason there are no threads on this is because it's Very normal.
    Right cover is much more 'stiff' than in previous machines. It's just the way it is. I always have my customer open and close it a couple of times when I install a machine so they are aware of it. I'm not sure why this is a problem for you.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts +ve charge's Avatar

So it is normal to have the side with the lock handle disengage first and have to tug at it quite hard after that for the whole cover to disengage... Somehow I felt this could not be cos the earlier machines like 171 & 201 did not have a "hard to disengage" side cover.

Telling customer seems OK though if it was his first machine, but to convince him that has transitioned from 201 to 301 is tough.

Appreciate the response though. Thanks

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Why is it so difficult to show them " your old one did this, but the new one does this" ?
    If CAPS will help make it more clear:
    IT'S NORMAL