Technician

Image moves around on page, side 2 doesn't register

I've had this same issue with other copiers I've owned. Now it is happening on my Lanier LD525C.

When I run 80# cover (for business cards) through the bypass feeder, the image moves around on the page... sometimes as much as an eighth of an inch. Then, when I run side 2, the same happens, So some sheets may be a full quarter of an inch out of register.

I think the problem starts at the bypass try when the sheet is being pulled in. Are there any tricks or alternative methods to fix this issue and keep sheets in register?

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: Image moves around on page, side 2 doesn't register

Clean the bypass pickup roller. Hand cleaning wipes such as Scrubs as they have pumice grit that helps remove the dust that gets embedded in roller surface.

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rightbrained View Post
    I've had this same issue with other copiers I've owned. Now it is happening on my Lanier LD525C.
    When I run 80# cover (for business cards) through the bypass feeder, the image moves around on the page... sometimes as much as an eighth of an inch. Then, when I run side 2, the same happens, So some sheets may be a full quarter of an inch out of register.
    I think the problem starts at the bypass try when the sheet is being pulled in. Are there any tricks or alternative methods to fix this issue and keep sheets in register?
    Is this printing to it or copy?
    GLOSSY media? Is it set that way in print driver and tray config?
    Are you sure guides are tight to media in the tray?
    What's the page count on the machine?
    Like Slim said.. rollers clean? worn?

Phil 'The Dentist'

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Phil B. View Post
    Is this printing to it or copy?
    GLOSSY media? Is it set that way in print driver and tray config?
    Are you sure guides are tight to media in the tray?
    What's the page count on the machine?
    Like Slim said.. rollers clean? worn?

Phil 'The Dentist'
    PRINT to non-glossy stock. Old machine - high page count. Tight guides. Probably worn pickup roller on bypass tray. Trying Slims idea but appreciate other thoughts.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rightbrained View Post

The simple trick is to help sheet feeding by push it with your hand.
    But that's not the remedy. Your bypass rollers may be dirty(as others suggested), they may need to be replaced, even on some models there is adjustments of bypass to help with feeding thick paper.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.