Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

can a counter be increased abnormally in a ricoh mp 5000

Hi, I am an end user and a dealer has rented to me a ricoh mp 5000, but I think the counter is incresing very fast, So I would like to know if the machine can be configured in any way to increase the coutner abnormally, I don't know maybe by counting each copy as 2 copies or something like that.

For several months with this machine I have had this doubt, but this month is even bigger, the counter has increased by 56000 using only 2 bottles of tonner, as far as I understand each bottle only last 15.000 copies or prints.

Those bottles of tonner I mentioned weren't even full, they were lets say at 80% of their capacity.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I take the numbers from the digital counter becouse I do not know where the mechanical counter is in this model.

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

Re: can a counter be increased abnormally in a ricoh mp 5000

IMHO, you can't simply increase the digital counter of the machine. If you are a tech, you could check the logging data for number of jobs. It shows the average jobs you do. Might as well check the printer driver. I remember the PCL6 driver was set to 2-sided by default.
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=Ed Harris;742359]Hi, I am an end user and a dealer has rented to me a ricoh mp 5000, but I think the counter is increasing very fast, So I would like to know if the machine can be configured in any way to increase the counter abnormally, I don't know maybe by counting each copy as 2 copies or something like that.[QUOTE]

well ltr/ltrr counts as 1 click legal=1,5 clicks.. lgr=2 clicks
    what are you printing size wise?

[QUOTE] For several months with this machine I have had this doubt, but this month is even bigger, the counter has increased by 56000 using only 2 bottles of toner, as far as I understand each bottle only last 15.000 copies or prints.[QUOTE]

Industry Standard = 15,000 prints/copies @ 5% coverage on an 8.5x11" page so your question depends on: Coverage - Density - Borders and Pics - Media
    Also .. if your machine is spilling TONER on the INSIDE and you haven't call a tech.. stop bitching!

[QUOTE]Those bottles of toner I mentioned weren't even full, they were lets say at 80% of their capacity.[QUOTE]

You are doing a VISUAL CHECK.. look on the bottle.. bottle is filled per GRAM load...
    Bet you complain when the cereal box isn't full also!

Thanks in advance. PS: I take the numbers from the digital counter because I do not know where the mechanical counter is in this model.
    THIS model MAY NOT have a mech counter!

no doubt an end user that thinks he's getting fucked by the "nasty cheating tech"

PS.. if you haven't noticed I corrected all your spelling mistakes in the "QUOTED" areas.. No need to thank me...

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
    Hi, I am an end user and a dealer has rented to me a ricoh mp 5000, but I think the counter is incresing very fast, So I would like to know if the machine can be configured in any way to increase the coutner abnormally, I don't know maybe by counting each copy as 2 copies or something like that.

For several months with this machine I have had this doubt, but this month is even bigger, the counter has increased by 56000 using only 2 bottles of tonner, as far as I understand each bottle only last 15.000 copies or prints.

Those bottles of tonner I mentioned weren't even full, they were lets say at 80% of their capacity.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I take the numbers from the digital counter becouse I do not know where the mechanical counter is in this model.
    Sorry, but you're brutally mistaken!
    The stated yield of the toner for this machine is estimated approx. 30,000 pages/ bottle - not 15,000! So you're count is actually damn near perfect for the estimated usage
    All Toner bottles will 'appear' to be only 2/3's or 3/4's full until they're shaken up (which they should be before installation), so there's room for the particles to easily expand

EDIT: Seems that I agree with Phil
    Beat me to it by a few seconds

Service Manager 10,000+ Posts

[QUOTE=sandmanmac;742362]Sorry, but you're brutally mistaken!
    The stated yield of the toner for this machine is estimated approx. 30,000 pages/ bottle - not 15,000! So you're count is actually damn near perfect for the estimated usage
    All Toner bottles will 'appear' to be only 2/3's or 3/4's full until they're shaken up (which they should be before installation), so there's room for the particles to easily expand

EDIT:
    Seems that I agree with Phil
    Beat me to it by a few seconds
    ummm thanks??

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

Don't forget that on most MFP's A3 is two clicks (twice A4), and duplex A3 is four clicks. It's not counting pieces of paper, it's counting A4 sized images. =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

Senior Tech 250+ Posts tjvincent's Avatar

If you only knew how many times us as techs or a company hear this.
    It’s like taking your car back to the dealer and telling them there’s no way I put that many miles on it... Really !!!

Assuming we as techs or a dealer were unscrupulous and even tried to cheat a counter the machine would code out.
    The best way for an end user to verify is to print out the counter and then print or copy something and verify with how many you have printed with the new total on the counter after the job is done.

11”x 8&1/2 paper = 1 click
    11x17 = 2 clicks.
    11”x 8&1/2 2-sided = 2 clicks
    11x17 2-sided = 4 clicks

First that's all depend on your developer tank if it's good yo will precisley reach to normal performace 30.000. if developer exhausted that's affect on toner rate.may be 15.000 or 12.000.or less. Yo will find out alphabet raised on papers. Detect full counters test. Caculate your yield

Retired 10,000+ Posts

I have checked the product support guide and the expected toner yield is 30K. This yield is based on a 5% coverage of an A4/8.5X11/letter size page, double spaced with 1 inch borders(all 4 edges). As for the bottles being only 80% full, that is normal if the bottle is stored standing up. Settling when setting upright will lower the level in the bottle to the 80% mark or lower. After you shake a bottle you will find that it will be much closer to being full. Store your bottles lying flat and you will have far fewer problems from toner clumping.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

Well lengthy first post author, isn't it. You do some conclusions based on wrong maths, how about learning basics BEFORE bitching? Toner bottles, boxes, etc. should never be filled up or so. Toner tends to compress when stored for long time, then space is needed and I always force shake/ even beat toners before install.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.