Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    can a counter be increased abnormally in a ricoh mp 5000

Re: can a counter be increased abnormally in a ricoh mp 5000

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
    Hi, I am an end user and a dealer has rented to me a ricoh mp 5000, but I think the counter is incresing very fast, So I would like to know if the machine can be configured in any way to increase the coutner abnormally, I don't know maybe by counting each copy as 2 copies or something like that.

For several months with this machine I have had this doubt, but this month is even bigger, the counter has increased by 56000 using only 2 bottles of tonner, as far as I understand each bottle only last 15.000 copies or prints.

Those bottles of tonner I mentioned weren't even full, they were lets say at 80% of their capacity.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I take the numbers from the digital counter becouse I do not know where the mechanical counter is in this model.

What size of paper do you handle? For trade that is, 8 1/2 x, 14, l counter can double contsr .... now, there is a mechanical counter if I am not hidden in the right, close to the high voltage card

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Harris View Post
    Hi, I am an end user and a dealer has rented to me a ricoh mp 5000, but I think the counter is incresing very fast, So I would like to know if the machine can be configured in any way to increase the coutner abnormally, I don't know maybe by counting each copy as 2 copies or something like that.

For several months with this machine I have had this doubt, but this month is even bigger, the counter has increased by 56000 using only 2 bottles of tonner, as far as I understand each bottle only last 15.000 copies or prints.

Those bottles of tonner I mentioned weren't even full, they were lets say at 80% of their capacity.

Thanks in advance.

PD: I take the numbers from the digital counter becouse I do not know where the mechanical counter is in this model.
    Lol. The short answer is NO. 11x17 prints count as 2, but as far as actually changing the actual count, it is not possible. The only exception would be to address a controller issue with a nvram replacement, and that actually returns the count to zero. Nobody is trying to rip you off like that. Sheeesh. BTW, I loved your role in "The right stuff". Great movie
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Lol. The short answer is NO. 11x17 prints count as 2, but as far as actually changing the actual count, it is not possible. The only exception would be to address a controller issue with a nvram replacement, and that actually returns the count to zero. Nobody is trying to rip you off like that. Sheeesh. BTW, I loved your role in "The right stuff". Great movie
    By default this machine counts A3/11x17 as single page on the meter. Though it's very possible the company running the contract changed that setting.

worker drone 250+ Posts

So how much paper are you buying? Does it match the copies they told you that you ran? Seems like the simplest check to me. As mentioned early on, they may have it defaulted to two side originals and you are paying for the blank backside of a single sided original but that should easily be caught by knowing how many cases of paper you are using....just a suggestion.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sturmtrooper View Post
    By default this machine counts A3/11x17 as single page on the meter. Though it's very possible the company running the contract changed that setting.
    Most companies, dealers, set it to count as 2 clicks before delivering. This allows more accurate billing when toner is included in the maintenance contract.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts tsbservice's Avatar

😆
    As always a lot of good quality opinions/answers...but where's the thread starter(a.k.a Mr. enduser).
    So much wasted intellectual energy.
    A tree is known by its fruit, a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost, he who sows courtesy, reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall never cease to be amused.

I don't reply to private messages from end users.

Maybe its counting developments. The guy is only asking and he got his question answered.

Trusted Tech

MP5000 is a mono copier so developments/copy count is the same. A3 double count is the default on all our machines and rightly so.