Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    mpc2000 printing demo page sometimes

Thumbs up mpc2000 printing demo page sometimes

mpc2000 sometimes will print a demo page overlapping the print or copy.Firmware upgrade?

Also lots of background/lines + drums look ok but am changing transfer belt cleaning unit which is definitely in bad shape. Frank/AP

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Re: mpc2000 printing demo page sometimes

Sounds like a board, RAM or HDD problem to me.

What is PM cont on all the parts.

Trusted Tech

Only time I've seen this kind of thing was a hdd failing. Any SC860 range errors in the history?

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

on the copy quality side of problem print counter report see if it comes out clean if not then photo conductor assy might need to be replace also clean optics. Sounds like maintenance has not been done in a while. one more thing clean your laser shield glass too.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Usually simpler than that. Make sure the customer isn't being cheap and reloading once printed paper. I have seen similar complaints and in every case I can think of someone was reusing paper and either did a duplex job on it or loaded it wrong side up.

Just a thought so you don't go rebuilding an engine that won't run just because it ran out of gas...

Thumbs up Re: mpc2000 printing demo page sometimes

sorry for responding to your replies so late and thank you so much for your input. was at customer today and changed tb cleaning unit which was a significant improvement but drums will need to be replace though i innitially thought they were ok. A closer look shows they are causing some of the line that appeared
    at the front side of machine.
    Oddly, after changing tb cleaning unit a rubbing sound was made and the transfer belt at rear was damaged. The cleaning unit was installed carefully and correctly. There was also an sc441 code, I had to cut away a potion of tb at rear which was out of image area but which will need to be changed though it is printing and copying without incident. Did not see a test/demo page today. Will continue to post results until all is resolved. Thanks again. Frank

ps ----there are 58k black and 59k color totals on machine though the machine looks like a lot more was done.

Don’t believe those counts on a machine that old.

Thumbs up Re: mpc2000 printing demo page sometimes

I am a little surprised at the cost of color drum units. Are these prices for single color or are they sold in set. Also, are they including the developer part of unit? Do most techs rebuild these with drums + blades etc.? I will keep checking pricing and parts manual . Frank

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Officially Ricoh does not offer parts for the PCU or dev units except for developer itself. There are a few ways to go:

If the PCU is toast and the dev and dev units are completely shagged out you can get a complete PDCU for each colour individually.

If the dev unit is good you can replace just the PCU and developer material for each unit individually.

If both the dev unit and dev are still ok you can just replace the individual PCUs.

For the MFP the units are sold individually and are heinously expensive. There was a printer version of that engine where you got the colour PDCUs as a kit and black was seperate. The units IIRC were keyed / wired differently but could be adapted to the MFP and were cheaper.

I don't know if there are aftermarket kits to rebuild these but feedback I have seen here for newer units has not been great regarding the performance of aftermarket components.