Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar

MP7502 doc feed issue

please help, I have replaced the feed unit, seperation roller and clutch,the one way gear on the separation roller shaft, see pic the jams seem to keep being fed but looks like the intake point stops...????
    could this be the stepper motor,? I ran this thing through it 2-3 houndred pages with the cover off, never did it, today its doing it again...three days later anyone have this issue, i never have in all my years working on ricohs...
    Resized_IMG_24201.jpg

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP7502 doc feed issue

Re: MP7502 doc feed issue

Had a customer who screwed up the doc feeder door by opening it to far and bent it slightly, this cause an issue with irregular pressure and caused jams. Not sure if this is your problem but worth a look. Make sure the door lines up properly.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    MP7502 doc feed issue

I had an intermittent feed problem like this on a 7500. Turned out to be the connector on the adf main drive motor was not fully seated on the motor itself. Ok, after looking at your pic again, I would lift the doc feeder up, take out the screws in the plate on the left and clean that sensor. It appears it may be a sensor issue.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    MP7502 doc feed issue

Quote Originally Posted by digicor View Post
    please help, I have replaced the feed unit, seperation roller and clutch,the one way gear on the separation roller shaft, see pic the jams seem to keep being fed but looks like the intake point stops...????
    could this be the stepper motor,? I ran this thing through it 2-3 houndred pages with the cover off, never did it, today its doing it again...three days later anyone have this issue, i never have in all my years working on ricohs...
    Resized_IMG_24201.jpg

I believe there is a technical bulliten on this feeder for jamming issues. I had an issue on a 9002 adf that would crumple the paper like that every time it jammed. I also noticed that the registration roller would seize up if you put any kind of pressure on it while its running in output mode. I had the feeder stripped down to clean every one-way bearing in the feeder (of which there are like 10) and the main culprit on mine was the idler pulley on the transport motor, which is the motor on the right if you are looking at it from the front of the machine. Undo all connectors/wires that are in the way, remove the belt from the motor and remove the entire motor and bracket. Pull the idler pulley off and clean/lubricate with something very thin. Tri-flow is what I used. Havent had a problem since.

The other thing I always check is the patch on the removable section that reveals your transport shaft on the left side of the feeder. Two small screws on the bottom side of the feeder and a large shoulder screw on the front side to remove it. That patch gets caked with paper dust easily.

Good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Clean and lube this shaft and bushing
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Looks familiar, I cleaned / lubed all drives...especially the one noted. No problems since.

Turn the drive by hand, as you lube the proper places, it will turn much easier.

i faced this many times. it's only happend in 6001 and 7502.in 5500 and 7500 nothig happend working like ashamp. try to lubricant every part .pulleys belts .steppers.no avail . i noticed that new part white belt make overload on transport motor.slow down moves. i test via sp mode and put my finger on transport pick up roller it's stop easily no resistance.finally .i get feeder mpc 7501 it's cheaper. and it's working good.i think ricoh's must make some changes on this junk