Technician

Angry Ricoh Pro 907ex Problem after short

Hello I have two of these Ricoh Pro907ex machines and one of them had a bad jam between the Duplex Tray and Registration Area.

When pulling out the what I thought was the paper was instead the wiring harness to one of the contact image sensors and it shorted one of the wires which shut the machine down. I believe it is the Duplex CIS.
    After several attempts to re-power the machine without success and after removing, examining the shorted wire, which was indeed showing a little bare copper, and putting everything back together
    I still have only power to the Hdd Box and Fans just the same as if I hadn't done anything.
    also just the green light is on where it says main power on the Control Panel.

This unit has an external Fiery server and says problem with Power or Connections, on the WIM.
    I just would like a little guidance and if anyone has experienced this type of problem related to unplugging one of the CIS sensors.

There is a click on PSU A and The 5v light on that board flashes once very quickly when the red power switch inside the front door is pressed.
    I have checked all the fuses on both PSU's and they all check for continuity.

Something is blown just not sure what.

Any help would be appreciated.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Pro 907ex Problem after short

No solution here, don’t know this machine, but the only CIS I know of is in DF.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    Ricoh Pro 907ex Problem after short

You have blown something in one of the power supplies. My guess would be the 5v portion of PSU A. The quick flash on then off of the LED tends to indicate that 5v is being crow barred. Unless you have experience with repairing switching power supplies, I would suggest replacing then entire power supply.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    You have blown something in one of the power supplies. My guess would be the 5v portion of PSU A. The quick flash on then off of the LED tends to indicate that 5v is being crow barred. Unless you have experience with repairing switching power supplies, I would suggest replacing then entire power supply.
    Ok thank you for responding. I will replace the power supply and post results.

worker drone 250+ Posts

Find out exactly which sensor you shorted. Could be the double feed detection sensor? I guess either way, a sensor will take out a 5V line when wiring shorted...Carry on.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Coptech View Post
    Find out exactly which sensor you shorted. Could be the double feed detection sensor? I guess either way, a sensor will take out a 5V line when wiring shorted...Carry on.
    Hello I had HYtec repair the PSU A on this machine and I still have the same result.
    Quick flash of 5v one fan in the hard drive/ network part of the upper right of the machine and nothing else except the Green Main Power light is on.
    There is a click as well in the area of the PSU A just like before. I have verified continuity in the wiring that was between the CIS sensor involved in the short. A very small portion of the wire insulation was damaged and I have repaired it with heat shrink and again verified continuity. Don't know what to try next. I would appreciate any additional help with this machine.
    Thank You for your time.

yo must isolate shortend partition from machine .take off cis sensors.registration unit take off.open machine .the most important thing that machine get's up. may be pcb' short. sensors voice's up to bicu .it will be disaster .good luck

Senior Tech 100+ Posts

Try unplugging connectors on power supply until machine powers up .That should bring you to the problem area.

Technician

Ok I talked to Hytec and they think it is the IOB so I have it sent in for repair.
    They suggested the same thing. Unplug wires from psu and see via point to point where the fault occurs.
    Once I get the IOB back and install it, I will post back with results.
    Thank You for your suggestions.

Technician

Smile Re: Ricoh Pro 907ex Problem after short

Hello
    I replaced the IOB with a new one. Hytec said the one I sent in was un-repairable.
    I have the machine working with the new IOB and the repaired PSU A.
    I had a sc585 which is a double feed sensor error.
    I just disabled the double feed detection in user service mode and all is well.
    Thank You for all the responses and I may fix the double feed sensor in the future, but for now it is making copies again.