Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Re: MP W2401 PS CODE SC-406

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Are there any other codes in the sc history? Are your timing belts worn? Sometimes the belts start deteriorating prematurely and cause issues. Can you send and example of what the partial prints look like.
    There are no other Service Codes. Timing belts are new, machine has 27K. meters counter and i replaced both of them at 20K. meters. Charge corotron Assy and CGB Power Pack have been replaced also, making no difference.
    When i disengage developer drive gear machine prints a sheet and it pops up the code 406, every time i do this. So, i suspect a motor failure or MCU which drives the motor...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Polo-022; 04-05-2019 at 08:02 PM.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Your sample helps. Never had to replace the DV drive motor but that is what it looks like..You may want to change SP 2208-3 to a 1 for the time being so the machine does not code out(toner supply mode -Fixed mode)and Sp 2208-1 will set the amount of toner drop{0 low to 3 very high} That will bypass the drum patch check and should stop the SC406 until you get a motor.

That DV unit has a lot of torque on it as you may know and is a pain to change the developer in it. If the developer unit has too much developer in it it can cause the unit to lock up in theory . Anytime I change developer in this machine I don't add the full bag just for that reason.
    Don't forget to change SP 2208-3 back to a 0 if you go that route after you replace the parts.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by keithxxiii View Post
    What's the value of your PWM? If it is higher that the specified value, check your ID sensor. Also, follow what brian has posted
    It is 15 to 15.7% after initialization, default value is 20.

Today i replaced ID sensor, which cannot produce a c.q. problem like that,
    but it senses that machine cannot create the toner patch. SC-406 again..after 60 drawing prints.
    I had with me a motor from 240RW, a used one, with the same part number.
    I replaced motor, plug/jack in/out at MCU and i am waiting...it can not be the worst senario : ΜCU faulty!!

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP W2401 PS CODE  SC-406

I would pull the developer gears off and check them. I have had a gear go bad. As mentioned to much or to little developer causes problems. I also have never had a drive motor go bad but its possible. It could be a bad developer unit though.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP W2401 PS CODE  SC-406

Also check the developer gear cover, have had this thing not allow the machine to make proper gear contact and cause problems. I'll attach image.201904080907.pdf

Developer gears have been checked for blockage, slipping, or partial breakage.
    I have never had to replace a motor too.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    MP W2401 PS CODE  SC-406

Not sure if you solved your problem but I was thinking about a machine I had that with a similar problem. It ended up being a worn drive gear. The inside of these gears are brass and had worn completely. This machine had about 500,000 linear feet on it. I will attach an image. Hope this helps.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by JDYAL View Post
    Not sure if you solved your problem but I was thinking about a machine I had that with a similar problem. It ended up being a worn drive gear. The inside of these gears are brass and had worn completely. This machine had about 500,000 linear feet on it. I will attach an image. Hope this helps.
    I use to check all these gears very often for corrosion and lubricate them with G501 Ricoh Grease, internally.
    Thanks a lot JDYAL!
    It seems that problem has gone, today i had a communication with my customer, he said everything works fine...
    What's next??