Thanks Thanks:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Adobe Reader DC grayscale question on Laniers

Customer upgraded from LD655c to MP C4503. All we did was to remove old machine from devices and printers and install new print drivers for new machine. Upon doing this, the default in Adobe Reader is now set to print in grayscale. Secretary should be happy about this, but she wants everything as before when it defaulted to color. My only thought is to uninstall/reinstall adobe reader. Tried installing same driver on my laptop and Adobe default is color also. Tried to google, no luck. Poked around in Adobe Reader, did not find anyway to change color output.

For most people it is the opposite, they want us to get rid of the color default, not this gal. Any thoughts?
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts
    Adobe Reader DC grayscale question on Laniers

Re: Adobe Reader DC grayscale question on Laniers

In my experience, from about 2 minutes ago, when printing from Adobe Reader, Foxit reader, or the reader of your choice, "grayscale" can be selected when printing and it will remain selected for future jobs until it's de-selected.
    If the user de-selects 'grayscale', it should stay off for future documents until the box is checked again.
    Also make sure that the printer driver is installed and the default is set to colour.
    This is true for pretty much all printing options when printing a PDF
    IE: Fit to page. Print as image, etc.,

Is it only 1 user that has an issue?
    If it's not working like that, then there is likely an issue with the reader (I hate ADOBE anyway)

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Re: Adobe Reader DC grayscale question on Laniers

That's my though too if blow out the Adobe, and reinstall it. It is only one using doing this. She does get what she wants by checking/unchecking box. But then you get the same whine, "it worked fine with my older copier" God if I had a nickel for each time I've heard that. Some people are so lazy.
    I've proved mathematics wrong. 1 + 1 doesn't always equal 2.........

Especially when it comes to sex