Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    WiseWun

Ricoh 2027 Scan to folder error

Hey guys, I have the same issue but slightly different because its a different model and it's about scan to folder (smb) rather then e-mail. I was able to scan to folder over the network until I got this message "Sending the data has failed, the data will be sent later." Any help or advice would greatly be apprecaited.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    hi,

Are you aware of any username/password changes? if so, it may be because the credentials being used have also been changed (ie password change) thus making SMB scanning fail.

The best way to check is to go into the address book management from the Copiers Control Panel, select the user you wish to test. Select the folder button and then click on the "Browse" button. If you get a cannot login with entered username and password, then you've had a username or password change. if you get connection failed, then go the to the Auth Info button/tab and turn specify folder authentication to "off" if it is on. If you do not have a username and password here, go back to the file transfer tab under system settings and scroll down to Default username/password (send) and delete the username and password for SMB. then redo the "Brwose" test. if you continue to get connection failed, then you've got other problems such as the shared location is no longer shared, could be a DNS issue is the hostname of the PC hosting the shared folder is being used, the actual PC hosting the share is no longer available and so on.

hope this helps

WiseWun

Looks promising! Thanks.

Thank you very much scoobysteve, i'll give that a try tommorow morning. First thing that came to my mind was password change, however, the user can't change their own passwords and I have asked them just to make sure. I really appreciate your prompt response, will give you an update.

Cheers,
    WiseWun

Nurse Ratched of Repair 250+ Posts KopyKat's Avatar

Here are two white papers which will walk you through both scan to folder and scan to email. I find using the web image monitor (browser interface) to be the easiest.
    Attached Files Attached Files

geseymour

Re: Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

Hi,
    I am having issues getting the new Savin C305 to scan to e-mail. The installing company performed their services in getting everything but this feature working. We can fax and scan to folder, but cannot scan to e-mail. I have tried a couple of documents without success. Is there anyone out there that can help? The error is "Sending the data has failed. To confirm the result, check [Comm. Status/Print]". Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Gary

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

Sounds like not seeing your mail server information . You will need to check and make sure information has been enter and if it needs user email and password will need to enter that also is under file transfer smtp server

geseymour

Thanks CopierMan,
    I show SMB and FTP username and password under the File Transfer using the WIM to view and make changes. Under SMB username it has server. This was entered by the installing company, is this correct do you know? Under SMB in the Network area is has SMB=Active, IPv4, WORKGROUP, computer name=server, comment=blank, share name=MPC305 and notify print completion= inactive.
    I have check the E-mail area and tried a couple of configuration and it still post the same error message. Does this help you any? Thanks for the quick response.

Regards,
    Gary

Email. Setup. User tools /system/ file transfer then smtp server and enter mail server information if need to authenticate set that up to is right below smtp server info. Then will need to create a user in address book enter there email address and turn sender on. Hope this helps

One more thing when sending email enter email address and then will need to select a sender too

geseymour

CopierMan,
    I am trying to get this scan to e-mail working on a new Savin C305 copier and using the WIM (web image monitor) version 1.02. The items you are talking about are in there just not in the areas you are stating. I have spent about 15 hours working on this issue. My SMTP setup is under Email under Device Settings. A couple of other local copier techs have provided information also and it still will not work. They claim it is very easy to setup. Something else must be set that I dont know about. Any router configurations need to be changed? Under Device Settings I have Email, File Transfer, and other tabs. Under File Transfer I have just SMB and FTP should I see SMTP there as an option? SMB has server in the name and I dont know the password. Is there a complete install document that will hit all the settings to make sure all the fields are setup correctly? I will be leaving here soon, if there is anything else I could try tonight.

Regards,
    Gary