Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh Aficio 2045 scan

I want to use scanning to send email from the Aficio 2045.
    but m/c shows "add sender's name"
    So I was trying to add sender's name but I couldn't find how to add sender's name.
    Anyone could help how to use scanning function not only adding sender's name.
    I am a beginner for this m/c.

thank you.

Passing Duplication Xpert 1,000+ Posts cobiray's Avatar
    Basically, you need to fill out the "to" and "from" fields in the email before it can be sent. You can do one of two things. You can either set up the scanning destinations as senders, or add an email address to the key op field and this can act as the default "from" address.

Technician

Scan to email

You could also set an admin email address in the machine i normaly create an address like copier@(company name).com or co.uk it doesnt have to be a real account.
    and then set automaticaly specify senders name.
    This serves two purposes:

1) you dont have too enter it every time.

2) when you recive the email from the machine you know it is a scan job
    from the copier.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    thank you very much.
    I really appreciate.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

need more help

can someone please help with the scanning process step by step, it still will not work for us?

We selected the scanner than enter the email but it says sender name is not there, where can we find the from selection

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts rthonpm's Avatar
    It sounds as if when your address book entries were set up, you didn't specify any users as both destinations and senders...

User Tools
    System Settings
    Key Operator Tools
    Address Book Management

Go to the name(s) you want to allow as sender(s) and when you press the key for them:

Email
    Register as Sender
    ON

I hope this helps...

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    If you fill in the Key Operator's Email address will an address that works ie, if the client's SMTP server is located at the ISP, then the email will have to be one that is valid on the ISP, it just can't be copier@isp.com,. If the client is running MS exchange, then it can be copier@domain.com as per what Service bod mentioned previously.

Now that that part of it is sorted, if you go to User Tools, Scanner Features, Key Op Tools, you turn on "Specify Senders Name". this will use the Key Operator's Email address mentioned above as the default sender.

The above tips are if you dont not want the clients to have to manually specify a sender everytime they scan to email.

If you want the clients to select themselves as the sender everytime they scan, you will have to do what rthonpm has mentioned.

Hope this helps.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    thank you all of you replied to help.
    appreciate.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts
    I am getting a warning that sending has failed and that data will be resent later. Can you please tell me what that means and what should I do.

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mkopoiuy View Post
    I am getting a warning that sending has failed and that data will be resent later. Can you please tell me what that means and what should I do.
    Hi,

First of all, i am assuming you are scanning to SMB as you have posted in my post about SMB scanning.

this problem can be quite complex depending on how your network is configured (is a small business or does it expand a WAN?).

this is how i will test it... remove any username and passwords from the machine - if you have several users, just remove the username and password for the user you are using to test as well as the username and password under "File Transfer" --> "Default Username/Password (Send)".

Then go back into the profile of your user that you are testing and select the "Folder" tab. Ensure that the path to the destination is set manually. Dont worry about doing the communication test yet. Instead press the "Browse" button. If you copier can see the path it will ask you to enter a username and password. If it cannot (for whatever reason, eg, unable to resolve hostnames, firewall blocking SMB) then you will NOT get the prompt to enter username and password. If this last scenario is the case, then i will not be able to help you without any more info as each network is different.

hope this helps...

by the way, the SMB bulletin that was mentioned in the previous posts resolved my problems.