Scans randomly going to TIF instead of PDF

Customer just phoned me and sais since I rebuilt their fuser the other day suddenly their scan to emails are coming through as pictures instead of PDF.
    Obviously not related to what I did at all as I didn't even touch their scan settings. I told her to check and make sure that the default is still set to Multi Page PDF and it is then I said if anyone else has this problem, to watch how they scan to themselves and see if they are changing settings or not. Also to make sure they have a PDF reader etc on their PC.
    Literally phoned me back 5 minutes later and said it's just done it again, apparently 2 of them went to copier, she sent the email to one of them, then looked at the settings after and it was set to Single Page TIF.
    I said ok go back in and check the settings now I'm on the phone and it was back to Multi PDF again. Press reset and it stays on that still.
    Either someone is in that office, sneaking in the room with the copier and changing the settings then someone comes in within 60 seconds, presses their name and gets a TIF sent through or the copier is randomly changing it on it's own, has anyone ever heard of an instance like this or am I just being messed with?

Professional Moron 2,500+ Posts TonerMunkeh's Avatar

Re: Scans randomly going to TIF instead of PDF

I've seen this a couple of times, if it's a SOP panel machine, people are using different apps to scan. Some people use classic scanner, other people use the smart apps and the settings are different between them.
    It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.

Hit it.

How'd ya manage that? 1,000+ Posts

Defaults are also different between regular and simplified screens when using the classic apps.

Sorry yes I forgot to put it was MPC 4501... but GENIUS! zed255 I never knew that, so little people ever use simplified screen and I do remember her saying 'why is everything big on the screen?' and I told her to press it to revert back to normal screen from simplified. It never occured to me they would have different default settings between the 2!
    Thank you