Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Technician

Angry MP C2551 "Cannot install this software" after installing PostScript3 SD Card

Hello. I have bought off of eBay a PostScript3 SD Card for my MP C2551. My photocopier used to have a Java extended feature, which I uninstalled before proceeding to remove the Java SD card and install the PostScript 3 SD Card I received from eBay.

When I turn on the machine, I now receive an error: "Cannot install this software. This software has already been installed to another machine". This annoying message keeps blinking. The strange thing is that PostScript3 seems to work. In fact, I can see it in the configuration page of the printer and there seems not to be any issues with it.

I would like to stress that, if I uninstall the PostScript3 SD Card, the message immediately goes away when I turn on again the MPC2551. Can you please suggest me what to do? Shall I return the item to the eBay seller? Maybe the SD Card is corrupt? Possibly there is some other stuff that was merged into this SD Card and this is why the printer complains? Any way to reset this?

Thanks a lot.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C2551 "Cannot install this software" after installing PostScript3 SD Card

Re: MP C2551 "Cannot install this software" after installing PostScript3 SD Card

As the error message says, "This software has already been installed to another machine" and it was not properly uninstalled. Something you should expect when you purchase copier SD cards from ebay. There are a couple of threads that tell you what you need to do in order to make the SD card usable. They have to do with files that are written to the card when it is first installed. Do some searching.

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Re: MP C2551 "Cannot install this software" after installing PostScript3 SD Card

Quote Originally Posted by rr8086 View Post
    Hello. I have bought off of eBay a PostScript3 SD Card for my MP C2551. My photocopier used to have a Java extended feature, which I uninstalled before proceeding to remove the Java SD card and install the PostScript 3 SD Card I received from eBay.

When I turn on the machine, I now receive an error: "Cannot install this software. This software has already been installed to another machine". This annoying message keeps blinking. The strange thing is that PostScript3 seems to work. In fact, I can see it in the configuration page of the printer and there seems not to be any issues with it.

I would like to stress that, if I uninstall the PostScript3 SD Card, the message immediately goes away when I turn on again the MPC2551. Can you please suggest me what to do? Shall I return the item to the eBay seller? Maybe the SD Card is corrupt? Possibly there is some other stuff that was merged into this SD Card and this is why the printer complains? Any way to reset this?

Thanks a lot.
    Was this card new?

What type is the postscript card?

Can you print with the card removed?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    As the error message says, "This software has already been installed to another machine" and it was not properly uninstalled. Something you should expect when you purchase copier SD cards from ebay. There are a couple of threads that tell you what you need to do in order to make the SD card usable. They have to do with files that are written to the card when it is first installed. Do some searching.
    Hi slimslob, I appreciate your message. Can you please give me a clue what to look for? Sorry, but I am not familiar with this issue and I don't know what to look for. A search for the error message yelded no instructions on which files to remove in order to have the card working. Thanks.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Was this card new?

What type is the postscript card?

Can you print with the card removed?
    Hello there! Thanks for your message. The SD Card is a Type C2551 PostScript card. I can print perfectly, there is only this annoying message blinking in the left-bottom corner of the copier's screen. I do not see any issue with the PostScript support itself: configuration page is correctly printed, I can print in PostScript from my PC... The error message is the only issue. I suppose some other stuff is on the SD Card, but I do not know what to look for and what to delete, so that my MPC 2051 stops complaining...

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rr8086 View Post
    Hello there! Thanks for your message. The SD Card is a Type C2551 PostScript card. I can print perfectly, there is only this annoying message blinking in the left-bottom corner of the copier's screen. I do not see any issue with the PostScript support itself: configuration page is correctly printed, I can print in PostScript from my PC... The error message is the only issue. I suppose some other stuff is on the SD Card, but I do not know what to look for and what to delete, so that my MPC 2051 stops complaining...
    You don't need a postscript card to print from a PC, like I said take the card out can you still print?

If you can is the card actually needed!?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

unless you buy new this message will appear. I just let customer know before buying that message will appear for a used card and that printing will work just fine. If they don't like this then I will let them know what a new one will cost this amount and that you will have to pay for it. Most of the time they will be ok cause it is a lot less then what a new one will cost them.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    You don't need a postscript card to print from a PC, like I said take the card out can you still print?

If you can is the card actually needed!?
    Hi. I bought the card to print with my Mac. No issue there either. The card is not new, it was used and, most probably, as slimslob says, it was not properly uninstalled. Should I delete something in the SD Card to reset it to its original state?

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    unless you buy new this message will appear. I just let customer know before buying that message will appear for a used card and that printing will work just fine. If they don't like this then I will let them know what a new one will cost this amount and that you will have to pay for it. Most of the time they will be ok cause it is a lot less then what a new one will cost them.
    Hi Copierman. Your approach is fair, however, I was not told about this issue, or I might have had a second thought... I think this is a breach of eBay's policy...

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

It was tied to old copier by serial number and that is what different. I have bought many of them they work just find. it just has that message to let you know came from another copier that has save my customer money. When you bought did it say new or use. If new then yes that's a problem.