Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

MP C2003 SC554-02 after change heating sleeve unit

Hi, i changed the heating sleeve unit on a MP C2003 because riven on the roller (only 100k copies), after that, reset code without using the fuse that comes with the unit, only reset with sp 5810, test the machine and work perfect, but now, 1 week later, the customer call again with the same code SC554-02....

The manual says " To cancel SC544-02/554-02, it is necessary to replace the fusing unit or install an intact new unit detection fuse. If you will cancel these SCs by installing a new unit detection fuse, follow the instruction at the end of this procedure. If you are replacing the heating sleeve unit for PM or any reason other than canceling these SCs, you can discard the fuse that is packed with the new heating sleeve unit."

Must i use the fuse to reset code? follow manual step to step, and no problems during the procedure...

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Re: MP C2003 SC554-02 after change heating sleeve unit

Quote Originally Posted by menosmola View Post
    Hi, i changed the heating sleeve unit on a MP C2003 because riven on the roller (only 100k copies), after that, reset code without using the fuse that comes with the unit, only reset with sp 5810, test the machine and work perfect, but now, 1 week later, the customer call again with the same code SC554-02....

The manual says " To cancel SC544-02/554-02, it is necessary to replace the fusing unit or install an intact new unit detection fuse. If you will cancel these SCs by installing a new unit detection fuse, follow the instruction at the end of this procedure. If you are replacing the heating sleeve unit for PM or any reason other than canceling these SCs, you can discard the fuse that is packed with the new heating sleeve unit."

Must i use the fuse to reset code? follow manual step to step, and no problems during the procedure...
    Ricoh MP C5503 SC544-02 code my post from 2015 that explains issues like this.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Ricoh MP C5503 SC544-02 code my post from 2015 that explains issues like this.
    So... i must use the fuse... and the question is? if i have not used the fuse, how the machine works perfectly 1 week without sc codes??

Service Manager 5,000+ Posts

So... i must use the fuse... and the question is? if i have not used the fuse, how the machine works perfectly 1 week without sc codes??
    Go back on site & have a look, mabe the customer has damaged the sleeve clearing a jam etc?
    Let us eat, drink, and be merry, because tomorrow we may die!

For all your firmware & service manual needs please visit us at:

www.copierfirmware.co.uk - www.printerfirmware.co.uk

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts

Certainly interesting......you did not use the reset fuse so, did you fail to reset the parts pm counter instead in SP mode after replacing the sleeve unit?
    Maybe the fuse resets the PM counter and if you don’t use the fuse you have to reset the PM counter or it reaches end of life and throws a code again? (this is just a wild guess......still not sure what code you initially had. Rather than rely on your memory you can check the SC code history and see what codes are listed. Maybe the first code you ran into was a code that does not require a fuse to reset. Then the 554-02 code came up and that does indeed need the fuse. )
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by copier tech View Post
    Go back on site & have a look, mabe the customer has damaged the sleeve clearing a jam etc?
    Yes... i think you are right.....

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blazebusiness View Post
    Certainly interesting......you did not use the reset fuse so, did you fail to reset the parts pm counter instead in SP mode after replacing the sleeve unit?
    Maybe the fuse resets the PM counter and if you don’t use the fuse you have to reset the PM counter or it reaches end of life and throws a code again? (this is just a wild guess......still not sure what code you initially had. Rather than rely on your memory you can check the SC code history and see what codes are listed. Maybe the first code you ran into was a code that does not require a fuse to reset. Then the 554-02 code came up and that does indeed need the fuse. )
    Thanks for all, to be honest, i dont remenber the first code exactly, but i think was 554-2... when go back and have a look i will post wtf is happend... :P

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

Thanks for all, to be honest, i dont remenber the first code exactly, but i think was 554-2... when go back and have a look i will post wtf is happend... :P
    you can make a reset Jig,i ve done it :ITS ON THIS SITE:and i am not paying $30 for a stupid pico fuse

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    you can make a reset Jig,i ve done it :ITS ON THIS SITE:and i am not paying $30 for a stupid pico fuse
    I have the fuse, i did not use it when i change the heating sleeve unit...
    Must i use the fuse every time i change the heating sleeve unit???

Retired 10,000+ Posts

The fuse is only needed to reset SC codes as listed in the service manual. Replacement for any other reason does not require the fuse. Hand onto the fuse as it might be needed should an error occurs as a result of something that does not require the replacement of the sleeve, such as a bad thermistor or thermostat.