Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Hello Everyone,

    I have a Pro 8110s with over 10 million copies, and the coating on the fuser stripper plate is starting to peal off along the edge causing a jam. I have removed the parts that are pealing and sanded down the edges. That doesn't seem to help because it looks like the paper is catching on the edge of the plate itself.

    Ricoh doesn't supply a part number for the plate, just for the whole ass'y. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this stripper plate until I can find a cheaper part. Also, does anyone have a old Pro 8110s Fuser stripper plate for sale or where I can get one?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,310
    Rep Power
    203

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Are you referring to the pressure stripper? According to my parts catalog which I downloaded in May 2016, D1794107 BRACKET:STRIPPER PAWLS:PRESSURE:PEEN. Might also be D1794114 GUIDE PLATE:FUSING EXIT:LOWER.

  3. #3
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Are you referring to the pressure stripper? According to my parts catalog which I downloaded in May 2016, D1794107 BRACKET:STRIPPER PAWLS:PRESSURE:PEEN. Might also be D1794114 GUIDE PLATE:FUSING EXIT:LOWER.

    Thanks, I will keep those parts in mind if a have to replace. Was able to fix it by sanding down all the sharp edges and smooth surfaces.

  4. #4
    Retired 5,000+ Posts slimslob's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    9,310
    Rep Power
    203

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    Thanks, I will keep those parts in mind if a have to replace. Was able to fix it by sanding down all the sharp edges and smooth surfaces.
    One thing to remember is that those stripper plates are originally coated with a thin Teflon film that helps keep toner from sticking to them.

  5. #5
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    One thing to remember is that those stripper plates are originally coated with a thin Teflon film that helps keep toner from sticking to them.
    Was wondering what that coating was for. Going to have to keep an eye out for that and clean it more often.

  6. #6
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    728
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Is it the upper or the lower stripper that you are having trouble with?

  7. #7
    Technician
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    27
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Pro 8110s Fuser Stripper Plate jamming.

    Quote Originally Posted by anothertech View Post
    Is it the upper or the lower stripper that you are having trouble with?

    Upper, the coating is flaking off the stripper plate and causing paper to caught on the sharp edges. Fixed it by pealing off the loose coating and sanding down any sharp edges. Now, need to keep an eye out for any more pealing off and toner build along the plate itself.

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Get the Android App
click or scan for the Copytechnet Mobile App

-=-=-=-=-=-


IDrive Remote Backup

Lunarpages Internet Solutions

Advertise on Copytechnet

Your Link Here