Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh MP 7000 light copies, would you take this job?

When I get this issue, I vacuum, vacuum, vacuum lol.... Then replace all consumable parts in the pcu unit. The newer machine consumable parts are the same (ie 7001, 7502). Also change the developer. In my experience the drums last forever unless they get scratches. To make the pcu service easier P/N wise I just order the pm kit that has all you need except for the drum and developer (PMD062300K). Also the kit has filters. Be sure to change them too. Plugged filters will reduce airflow and cause similar issues over time.

If doing Fuser, get the 450k kit and call it a day.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7000 light copies, would you take this job?

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    When I get this issue, I vacuum, vacuum, vacuum lol.... Then replace all consumable parts in the pcu unit. The newer machine consumable parts are the same (ie 7001, 7502). Also change the developer. In my experience the drums last forever unless they get scratches. To make the pcu service easier P/N wise I just order the pm kit that has all you need except for the drum and developer (PMD062300K). Also the kit has filters. Be sure to change them too. Plugged filters will reduce airflow and cause similar issues over time.

If doing Fuser, get the 450k kit and call it a day.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    Awesome tip, I can order that PM kit, but my supplier didn't list it as a 7000 part.

Thanks!

Robin

Senior Tech 100+ Posts
    Ricoh MP 7000 light copies, would you take this job?

Quote Originally Posted by guitar9199 View Post
    Machine was released in April 2008. Once a machine is over 10 years, I don't recommend continuing service, simply because parts availability gets "iffy" at that point. Once you get that "No Longer Available" email after ordering a part, you've got a very expensive boat anchor at that point.

When I worked for a Canon dealer, it was nice that we could get a list of machines scheduled for parts discontinuation. Once we hit that date, we knew we were limited to what was on the shelves. iR C3200/3220 immediately comes to mind. Some parts carried over into the next generation....Fuser pressure roller bearings did not! We STILL had a bunch in the field when we got the NLA email, and the boss had to do a mad scramble to upgrade those customers, because the GM had renewed their service agreements without checking with the service manager (me).
    Toshiba used to print a discontinued parts list, when I was a dealership service manager. We'd hand that list out to the techs to show their customers and ask them if we could send a sales rep in. Now days, I take whatever work I can get, I just don't want to get married to an old dog. :-/

Thanks for the tip