Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP C2503

MP C2503

Anybody experienced these? Yellow or Magenta toner emptying so fast and it goes all to waste bottle? please need solution on how to prevent this to happen again. Do I have to replace the PCU of 45k prints only?
    "prepare your contingency plan as always"

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: MP C2503

YES. PCU only rated for 40k IIRC. They don't last near as long as their faster brethren.. Like 1/4 life.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Copier Combobulator 500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by certifiedxeroxtech View Post
    Anybody experienced these? Yellow or Magenta toner emptying so fast and it goes all to waste bottle? please need solution on how to prevent this to happen again. Do I have to replace the PCU of 45k prints only?
    K PCU is rated 60k and CMY PCU are rate 48k. Developer units for all are rated 120k.

You can use the same PCU for any color including black. D1882254. They are not particularly expensive so it may be worthwhile to change them if they are near yield.

For some reason (at least when buying from Ricoh) buying the PCU and Dev unit separately is MUCH MUCH cheaper than buying a complete PCDU. Because Ricoh math I guess.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts Polo-022's Avatar

Look for backround all over the page, the yellow background is difficult to be
    isolated at first sight. Take both Dev. Units with you, they use to fail.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    MP C2503

You are aware that the MP C2003/C2503 are entry level models. The toner bottles do not contain as much toner. Also there are 2 different bottle quantities available for color toners, 9.5k yield and 5.5K yield. Black has a yield of 15K. Many user and dealers tend to buy the 5.5K color toner as it is a lower price per bottle. If you divide the price by the yield you will find that they actually cost more per K. In the future make sure you are getting the 9.5K yield bottles.

Thanks for the responses. Actually I did replaced Yellow PCU housing only. Due to some budget issue. I'll update you sooner for the outcome. regards.
    "prepare your contingency plan as always"

It's the dev units. They can fail and start dumping toner into the waste toner bottle. I have seem this happen mostly on yellow. Replace the dev and it should be fine. You will also notice that the toner use has went through the roof for the affected unit

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I am currently experiencing this fault. I have replaced the entire PCDU and updated the firmware and it is still dumping the yellow toner into the waste box (about 10-14 days).

I'm thinking to replace the toner motor at the rear of the machine.

anyone else had this problem and got a fix?

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Did you follow the manual and clear 3701 for pcu and dev unit before replacing. The toner motor will only add if dev unit is low on toner. I presume you used genuine parts.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    MP C2503

I have dealt with this issue before, both times the Yellow Dev. Unit was at fault (past yield), essentially just pulling toner from bottle and on down to waste toner section. If you open the W.T. bottle it is obvious that yellow makes up like half of the waste. Toner bottles are usually bone dry (so not anything to do with the sub hopper which will give you the opposite effect of "Add toner", and not quite empty bottles. On this particular machine I worked on, Cyan and Magenta use was at 16 bottles, and Yellow was at 24!! Tried PCU's only first, but got a call back 4 days later when another full yellow bottle was used in those days and only like 5% of the others was used. Dev. Unit replaced and it's been quiet for weeks.