Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Field Supervisor 500+ Posts
    Ricoh AP 400 Printer - New Fuser says "Reset Fuser Correctly" but resets counter

Ricoh AP 400 Printer - New Fuser says "Reset Fuser Correctly" but resets counter

Hello, went out to replace the fuser on this older but still good printer as the red light was on. After installing the new fuser (I confirmed it is the correct product number) the red light goes on and says "Install Fuser Correctly". So I triple checked and it is installed correctly. Unable to get it to work, I installed the old fuser and now the red light is off and it works. So the new Fuser reset the counter - but now I have a new fuser in the box that will not work. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks.

Re: Ricoh AP 400 Printer - New Fuser says "Reset Fuser Correctly" but resets counter

i would return it from where you got it. they probably just rebuilt it and didn't get something just right.

Re: Ricoh AP 400 Printer - New Fuser says "Reset Fuser Correctly" but resets counter

Hey thanks but it was definitely OEM and not rebuilt.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

This may help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by patterson70 View Post
    Hey thanks but it was definitely OEM and not rebuilt.
    If you bought it direct from Ricoh, you should be able to return it as an out of box failure. If, as you say, it is OEM and not Genuine Ricoh, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    If you bought it direct from Ricoh, you should be able to return it as an out of box failure. If, as you say, it is OEM and not Genuine Ricoh, good luck.
    Thanks guys. The PDF was of help, but it did not answer the question as to how the new fuser reset the counter in the machine so tht the older fuser would not show the red light and "Replace Fuser" mseeage.

This a weird problem that may have no resolution.

Also, what I meant by OEM is that it is Genuine Ricoh, not a third party or reman.

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts

Thanks guys. The PDF was of help, but it did not answer the question as to how the new fuser reset the counter in the machine so tht the older fuser would not show the red light and "Replace Fuser"
    Yes it did. The fuse under the connector of the new fuser blew and reset the fuser count so the old fuser can work again. As far as the "install fuser correctly", obviously there is something wrong with it. Send it back.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Quote Originally Posted by mikadonovan View Post
    Yes it did. The fuse under the connector of the new fuser blew and reset the fuser count so the old fuser can work again. As far as the "install fuser correctly", obviously there is something wrong with it. Send it back.
    +1 for this.
    The popped fuse reset the PM message and counters and that new fuser has a separate issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Oze View Post
    +1 for this.
    The popped fuse reset the PM message and counters and that new fuser has a separate issue.
    Thanks guys. I looked at the new one extremely carefully and everything matched up. Double checked the part number. Will re-inspect again though and if I find anything I will let you know.

Thanks guys. I looked at the new one extremely carefully and everything matched up. Double checked the part number. Will re-inspect again though and if I find anything I will let you know.
    It's been a couple of years since I tackled one of these old beasts but something to look for might be whether or not the lower frame of the fuser has a "keyed slot".
    Not sure whether the AP600 fuser would fit this but I suspect it would.
    Ricoh would make it impossible to switch fusers between models via a keyed slot on the fuser base plate and a pin inside the machine.
    Just me clutching at straws here