Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    P C600 machine?  New?

P C600 machine? New?

Anyone hear of a "P C600" printer? Is it a new machine? Maybe not an "NA" series printer?

Only reason I ask is because Ricoh's TSRC website has a batch of firmware for that machine that was released a few days ago, but I can't find anything as far as Parts Catalog/ SM/ PSG etc. A google search will have the top result being a Ricoh Downloads page for the Driver, and also shows a picture of it.

Mostly just curious about it. Anyone out there seen one or have any comments? Thanks in Advance.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    P C600 machine?  New?

Re: P C600 machine? New?

I opened one of the zip files. From the System Readme file:
    [Modifications made:]
    Rank D

1st Mass production

Sounds like support is preloading firmware for a model that is scheduled for release. Ricoh does that frequently. Alert techs can know about new equipment before their boss and sales people. Download the initial release of the service manual if you have to, but usually has a lot of mistakes and often that stupid Power Point layout like they have used on Product Support Guides.

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    P C600 machine?  New?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    Anyone hear of a "P C600" printer? Is it a new machine? Maybe not an "NA" series printer?

Only reason I ask is because Ricoh's TSRC website has a batch of firmware for that machine that was released a few days ago, but I can't find anything as far as Parts Catalog/ SM/ PSG etc. A google search will have the top result being a Ricoh Downloads page for the Driver, and also shows a picture of it.

Mostly just curious about it. Anyone out there seen one or have any comments? Thanks in Advance.

p_c600.jpgFunny looking unit.......certainly looks exactly like a Kyocera ECOSYS P6235cdn Printer at first glance. I guess Ricoh may be starting to outsource and rebrand some Kyocera printers. If that's the case, I'll bet the series will include the multifunction versions of that printer also. See below for Kyocera P6235 info:

Domestic Intro Date: June 2018
    SRP/Street Price: $1,983/None
    Also Sold As: None
    Predecessor Model: KYOCERA ECOSYS P6035cdn

Product OverviewThe ECOSYS P6235cdn, Color A4 (up to 8.5” x 14”) printer, combines impressive performance, at speeds up to 37 ppm, with advanced features, all in a compact footprint. This robust print solution offers a large paper capacity, up to 2,100 Sheets, standard duplex, exceptional print quality, with true 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution and On-The-Go mobile print capability. The ECOSYS P6235cdn, with long life consumables, boasting a 200,000 image PM cycle, is the affordable smart choice to drive your business to the next level

Last edited by blazebusiness; 05-03-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

I hope Ricoh are not doing another rebadged Kyocera, especially colour as the B&W ones are a POS, MP 401/501 SP 4520.

P C600 machine?  New?

davel and blaze, I think you are right. I remember hearing that Ricoh was going to rebadge certain Kyocera machines (not sure which ones) and Kyocera was going to rebadge some of the bigger production machines from Ricoh (like the pro5100 or something).

SanDiegoCopierRepair.com 1,000+ Posts
    P C600 machine?  New?

Quote Originally Posted by FrohnB View Post
    davel and blaze, I think you are right. I remember hearing that Ricoh was going to rebadge certain Kyocera machines (not sure which ones) and Kyocera was going to rebadge some of the bigger production machines from Ricoh (like the pro5100 or something).
    Not a big fan of those Kyocera printers - so that partnership between Ricoh and Kyocera is unfortunate. The Kyocera printers in the past have been very solid built machines with very few jamming issues but they run dirty and always seem to drop a lot of specks of toner on the copy.
    Anything can be made to work if you fiddle with it long enough- San Diego Copier Repair.com

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

The mp501/601 are also Kyocera design (some different boards and control panel). I have had some major board problems with a couple of them, still low mileage. The PCDU is actually compatible between the kyocera and ricoh versions but the toner is not.

I work for a dealer who sells both.