Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sc 552 03 code

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

sc 552 03 code

Hi I picked up spc831 dn with 140k and it had a sc552-03 when i bought.
    I pulled the pressure roller thermisters and cleaned the built up toner crude and thought I had it figured out after resetting it, AND machine came to ready.
    Upon revisit and sitting in my garage 45 degrees F it again coded out on restart and came to ready after resetting.
    I checked the two thermister readings"middle and end" and there was a 15degree difference warming up but the same on ready..
    I read dirty thermopiles or deformed thermister.
    I cleaned thermopile wth air,cotton swab with alcohol and pulled the pressure roller thermisters and cked how they sit on pressure roller and also for debri..looked good.
    The fuser sleeve looks great,no marks or wear..

Re: sc 552 03 code

What about the thermostats? Sometimes if one has popped it will work briefly when reset then it will code again

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    What about the thermostats? Sometimes if one has popped it will work briefly when reset then it will code again

hi
    I dont think thermostats as I never had a thermostat open and then fix itself to close and these thermostats are like the mp6001
    thermostats..
    I see heat on start up building so that tells me the heater lamps are powered up.
    I just reinstalled the unit after sitting inside at 68f and printer came to ready.
    Its being picky,fusing is good and i will leave it on for a few days and then try again..
    Its a pain as i have this unit sold and it will be shipped very far away.........
    BTW what do the thermopile do,are they high temp fuses?

Thermopiles read the belt. If the belt has damage at the point of reading it can cause errors too. Is the film on the thermistors still intact? What about ensuring the thermistors have proper contact

Quote Originally Posted by HitMan View Post
    Thermopiles read the belt. If the belt has damage at the point of reading it can cause errors too. Is the film on the thermistors still intact? What about ensuring the thermistors have proper contact

thanks
    BELT is perfect no kinks,wrinkles or marks.
    I did recheck the thermister is sitting correct and it is.
    It is on right now and i will run it a bit for a few days and power off and on a few times to confirm heater is happy.

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    sc 552 03 code

Quote Originally Posted by fshead View Post
    hi
    I dont think thermostats as I never had a thermostat open and then fix itself to close and these thermostats are like the mp6001
    thermostats..
    I see heat on start up building so that tells me the heater lamps are powered up.
    I just reinstalled the unit after sitting inside at 68f and printer came to ready.
    Its being picky,fusing is good and i will leave it on for a few days and then try again..
    Its a pain as i have this unit sold and it will be shipped very far away.........
    BTW what do the thermopile do,are they high temp fuses?
    Machines with open pressure roller thermostat will come to ready if the room temperature is not too cold. They will get enough heating from the fusing belt/roller to reach ready temperature, normally only about 20 C for a color machine. It does not need to reach the target temperature. It will then code when turned on cold or when the temperature fades during a long print run.

It doesn't take much time to check with a meter. If open, you can bypass while you wait for a new one to come in. Saves a lot of call backs.

Quote Originally Posted by slimslob View Post
    Machines with open pressure roller thermostat will come to ready if the room temperature is not too cold. They will get enough heating from the fusing belt/roller to reach ready temperature, normally only about 20 C for a color machine. It does not need to reach the target temperature. It will then code when turned on cold or when the temperature fades during a long print run.

It doesn't take much time to check with a meter. If open, you can bypass while you wait for a new one to come in. Saves a lot of call backs.
    hi

ok
    Maybe I misunderstand how parts function on these fuser and the same mpc3002 series.
    The upper fusing sleeve has 2-3 heat lamps and is the only heat producer in the fuser unit.
    I assumed the 2 thermostats are really high temp cut out fuses in line wth said lamps like the mp6001 series.
    There are 2 temp sensors above the sleeve near the thermostats.2 thermoplies on frame.
    ON the pressure roller there are two thermisters that sit on the middle and far rear but that heat can only come from contact wth the fuser sleeve.
    AM I wrong ?

Just a tech 250+ Posts keithxxiii's Avatar

An old MPC2030 had the same high temp detection code. Thermostats replaced and gets opened after the error. 1 senior engineer advised me to hit the relay on the PSU using the handle of my screw driver. Me as junior engineer was quick to follow. After doing so, I noticed the clicking sound from the PSU when the machine reaches its operating temp and cuts down the power. No calls after that.
    BTW, the machine was in a cold place, I was assuming the contacts on the relay became sticky enough that it wont activate.

B/R
    Aye! Cut the crap

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

It might be a PM call issue...
    Solved by inserting a new fusing unit with a fuse.
    Cheat the machine with a switch that we insert in the place where the fuse on the F.U. is to come.
    You know the trick...

hi
    It has been turned on/off and left on for the past week with no issues.
    It is still in serv mode showing a 10 degree different temp in warmup from end to middle.
    At ready temp is the same..I dont think it is a pm issue as I had one in the field
    at yield and you get a warning before full sc lock out..
    It reminds me of the mp6001 fuser codes when warmup did not hit exact temps in exact times..