Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

Re: Horizontal lines on doc feeder only

There can be antother possibility, but first I'd advise you to appologize for your rough behavior.

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Bbb View Post
    There can be antother possibility, but first I'd advise you to appologize for your rough behavior.
    I was needlessly accused of lacking basic intelligence and common sense. If anything, an apology is owed to me.

It doesn't take great detective work to get to a dirty slit glass. Clearly I did this - I inspected it visually with a flashlight and cleaned it. I could not see any of the typical debris which would cause this. However, I had not considered the possibility of some kind of gel pen ink or something other than toner or glue - which I often spot easily.

In future I think it is safe to assume anyone posting asking for help has tried the obvious solutions already. That's way easier than taking photos, uploading and then dealing with the inevitable abuse by some crusty members of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by MP C5502 Fan View Post
    I was needlessly accused of lacking basic intelligence and common sense. If anything, an apology is owed to me.

It doesn't take great detective work to get to a dirty slit glass. Clearly I did this - I inspected it visually with a flashlight and cleaned it. I could not see any of the typical debris which would cause this. However, I had not considered the possibility of some kind of gel pen ink or something other than toner or glue - which I often spot easily.

In future I think it is safe to assume anyone posting asking for help has tried the obvious solutions already. That's way easier than taking photos, uploading and then dealing with the inevitable abuse by some crusty members of this forum.
    I don't know you,
    and you only have 1 little green mark at you nick name (which can turn easily to red). So how can we tell how intelligent you are? Since you only seem to come here for help, solving your own little problems? If you where that intelligent you would have write that you checked the glass properly, no? My advise is still there, for your own sake!

Senior Tech 2,500+ Posts
    Horizontal lines on doc feeder only

Incorrect.
    NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING

Retired 10,000+ Posts

And you continue to prove you are an idiot.

We are not mind readers. If someone truly wants us to help, they will specify in their first post exactly what they have done so far. You failed basic intelligence and common sense from the get go.

A bright torch on the slip glass will also highlight any hard to see spots, I also advise any customers who calls in to use the torch on their mobile phones to check the glass.

worker drone 250+ Posts

So, again, no dig...Was it a spot of gel pen ink on the scan glass? I read into your comment that you had resolved the problem. I just want the closure.

Master Of The Obvious 10,000+ Posts

false. I follow the KISS principle.

You're going to have a hard time here if you get your back up every time someone criticizes you. Let me guess ... you've been doing this about 5 years? Long enough to think you know everything ... not long enough to realize you know nothing for sure. You'll need a tougher skin than that.

After you've read a few thousand threads, you'll realize two things:
    1) Endusers always want to appear as professionals and often know near nothing.
    2) We all make stupid mistakes.
    =^..^=
    If you'd like a serious answer to your request:
    1) demonstrate that you've read the manual
    2) demonstrate that you made some attempt to fix it.
    3) if you're going to ask about jams include the jam code.
    4) if you're going to ask about an error code include the error code.
    5) You are the person onsite. Only you can make observations.

blackcat: Master Of The Obvious =^..^=

@ mpc5502 fan:
    You are not a technician.
    You are self employed.
    You are your own "boss" and you use a Ricoh mpc5502 in your company.
    So you are a Ricoh customer and you hate it to not have any influence at all f.i. on your Ricoh technician, who can tell you what ever he likes (in your thought).
    You highly distrust people, maybe because you are not to trust yourself.
    The reason why you have an account on this fantastic side is 1. to save money in your greed 2. to check whether your technician is telling you the truth or not.
    Tell me i'm sooooo wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcat4866 View Post
    false. I follow the KISS principle.

You're going to have a hard time here if you get your back up every time someone criticizes you. Let me guess ... you've been doing this about 5 years? Long enough to think you know everything ... not long enough to realize you know nothing for sure. You'll need a tougher skin than that.

After you've read a few thousand threads, you'll realize two things:
    1) Endusers always want to appear as professionals and often know near nothing.
    2) We all make stupid mistakes.
    =^..^=
    He'll soon meet a black cat ...