Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Ricoh Aficio SP5200S Opinion

Hi Guys

Can i please have your opinion on this model. I have never worked on one.

- Is it reliable?
    - Do parts reach yields?
    - Compare to MP301 and MP201

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Re: Ricoh Aficio SP5200S Opinion

Much better device, easier to service. Uses maintenance kits (Fuser, feed rollers, etc) plus toner/pcu is all in one similar to a laser printer. Faster too.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts fshead's Avatar

FAST AN have seen lease returns come back with close to 1 million prints/copies..
    Lower fuser roller gets wrinkly and can be bought and changed if needed..
    Comes in many configurations,fax,staple sorter etc etc and can piggy back paper trays..

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

I use oem toner cartridges they said will do 15,000 copies but i usually see 10,00 to 12,000 but over all good machine i main use the SP5120sf same copier but has fax.

Retired 10,000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    I use oem toner cartridges they said will do 15,000 copies but i usually see 10,00 to 12,000 but over all good machine i main use the SP5120sf same copier but has fax.
    Specified expected yield is based on a standardized document. Letter size paper, doubled spaced, all margins 1 inch, font size 12 with no bold.

Service Manager 2,500+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by COPIERMAN View Post
    Stated yield is actually 25,000. What a joke!
    Pretty much every other machine I sell gets close to expected yields with typical office printing (of course unless printing a lot of graphics, etc.).
    I don't think I've had one of these go over 14-15K and if it does, it starts dropping toner blotches, because the waste hoppers get so full.
    I hate the fusers! I've started more than one thread myself inquiring if others have experienced that same issues, and I've been very surprised that they seem to be a pretty popular unit.
    The press rollers get very wrinkled, very quickly, whether Genuine Ricoh or Generic, and if you have clients that do a lot of duplexing (and I placed the printer version in 2 locations that duplex EVERYTHING) It's BIG problem! I just replaced a machine at no cost to a customer last week, because the press roller was shot for the second time in 6 months and just over 30K
    I can't believe that there are no bulletins, modifications or otherwise for these. I despise them - Both the printer and MFP.

I'm a fan of the MP301's and previous. Don't particularly like the little touch screen, but as long as it's only a few users, they're not awful. They're little workhorses! Parts reach, and usually exceed PM.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts

They get the thumbs up from me however swap the feed tyre over for a A267-2751 to solve miss feed probs and be careful of working around the controller board as it easy to flex it and touch the metal frame behind it and kill it. Over a $1k to replace. Also upgrade-able with extra teflon feed guides to feed labels with less problems.
    At least 50% of IT is a solution looking for a problem.