Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Technician

Duplex problem - Ricoh mp2000

I'm having a problem with Rich mp2000 It is just about double-sided print or copy "Duplex" . The paper take the first side Well and without any problems and back to the duplex unit in the right door This is a half-duplex process and is done" very well" but after that and during the paper turnover in the side door to enter again to The machine to copy the another side it just stop without any jaming!!
    I kept thinking for a long time that this problem was mechanical As is already mostly due to dust, heavy movement and pulleys But I tried almost everything, so I replaced the right door of the entire machine, including the duplex unit inside
    The side door it works better than the previous door and is tightly sealed with the machine more than before, but the duplex still does not work.
    I photographed where the paper stands specifically for the problem to be clear. I wish the help from a professional person. I have the talent of jaw and installation and maintenance and I have the patience to try any solution.
    Unfortunately I'm Egyptian!, that means a little resources, Money، even happiness and means a lot of thieves who do not know anything about anything and if someone of them dismantled and installed a mobile cover! he ask you to call him Mr.Engineer
    60358340_2378411132393544_8460200101187420160_n.jpg60484069_442274916339173_5448033498055049216_n.jpg60566215_328387614502780_2318812118230499328_n.jpg

Currently in the Vaal Triangle area in Gauteng, South Africa

Re: Duplex problem - Ricoh mp2000

My guess would be a dirty sensor.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by 8T2 View Post
    My guess would be a dirty sensor.

Sent from my ALE-L02 using Tapatalk
    I will try to humor and clean it as much as possible .. thank you

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

First impression is paper timing?Wrong paper size setting???I Don't know... might jog a light bulb in someone.Check the doors are staying closed.Sent via phone.
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

take a look on registration sensor & clean the sensor, also the exit sensor, another way is, go to sp mode, 7807-execute, restart machine, then do photocopy, the machine will misfeed again, clear the misfeed, cancel the copying job, go to sp mode, 5990. look for logging data, then print, from there under sp mode 7504. you can see which sensor is faulty. good luck.
    .....with all it shams, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.....

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by NeoMatrix View Post
    First impression is paper timing?Wrong paper size setting???I Don't know... might jog a light bulb in someone.Check the doors are staying closed.Sent via phone.
    I was thinking about this just yesterday, because during My attempts, when I adjusted the direction of paper in the primary paper tray between height and width , the machine stopped mainly from copy the paper, When he chose lengthwise, not just the duplex.

60825667_397053284481833_6622278501674254336_n.jpg
    And come back to work when he chose widthwise
    60493225_302543820671917_2170899513345048576_n.jpg
    Here I made sure there was an error in the settings.

the paper is coped already but the machine stopped Before the paper is completely out from the exit set, or even after the paper has come out directly Then the machine does not follow the copying and stops (this is all when adjusting the paper position).

so .. i well stop the Mechanical repair attempts, and start repair attempts by settings, But I'm afraid to cause more damage, because the machine works very well in normal copying and bypass copying , only duplexes has problem, in which case it partially fulfills the work, but with system software errors, all my work will stop completely ..

HOWEVER .. i'll trying to do that carefully and let you know the results .. until that : I thank everyone who is very interested in the reply. Especially that my English is weak and I use verbal translation sometimes so I can communicate, unfortunately there is no real help or experience in Arabic. So I will be very thankful for the follow-up and attention

Technician

Quote Originally Posted by gear13z View Post
    take a look on registration sensor & clean the sensor, also the exit sensor,

(ِA) about registration sensor
    1- I've disassembled it outside the machine and cleaned it
    2- run the machine without installing it and it stopped in all cases (normal or duplex mode ) so i think the sensor not damage

(B) about exit sensor
    it is hard to disassemble it outside the machine as the registration sensor but i think it is working because if it's not working the machine doesn't finish the bypass copying also because this sensor working in bypass as duplex to.

(C)
    Quote Originally Posted by gear13z View Post
    another way is, go to sp mode, 7807-execute, restart machine, then do photocopy, the machine will misfeed again, clear the misfeed, cancel the copying job, go to sp mode, 5990. look for logging data, then print, from there under sp mode 7504. you can see which sensor is faulty. good luck.
    all i remember to login into sp mods is
    button yellow c
    button red c
    but i don't understand what the ( 7807 - execute ) mean ?! but i'll look at Google to understand what is that mean

(D) The part referred to in the red arrow is a little dirty in the machine, but if there is a malfunction in this part, I think the machine would stop pulling the paper either in duplexes or elsewhere, anyway I will disassemble the machine and clean this part too
    5.jpg

The rubber bushing is probably melted and causing the junction gate to stick- clean/check the junction gate solenoid in the ADF.

[QUOTE=rbazan;757219]The rubber bushing is probably melted and causing the junction gate to stick- clean/check the junction solenoid.

I mean check the solenoid in the Duplex ass'y.

Field Supervisor 500+ Posts

watch your you tube video the paper is starting to come out of duplex at bottom when it stops. You said have change rt side door. I would check sensors in that rt side door. go to service mode then do 5-803 which is input check. look at #12 duplex entrance and #13 duplex exit move sensors back and forth watch display should change from 01 to 00 state. you will have to get out of service mode and go back in to look at other one.

5.1.8 INPUT CHECK (SP5-803)
    Conducting an Input Check
    1. Select SP5-803.
    2. Select the number (see the table below) corresponding to the component.
    3. Select "Execute." The copy mode is activated.
    4. The sign "01H" or "00H" is displayed (see the table below)
    Input Check Table
    Num. Sensor/Switch 01H 00H
    001 Safety SW Open Closed
    002 Safety SW-LD 5V Open Closed
    003 Right Cover SW Open Closed
    004 Right Low Cover SW Open Closed
    005 Tray Cover SW Open Closed
    006 Upper Relay S Paper detected Not detected
    007 Lower Relay S Paper detected Not detected
    008 Vertical Trans S Paper detected Not detected
    009 Registration Sensor Paper detected Not detected
    010 Exit Sensor Paper detected Not detected