Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ricoh 2035

infibus

here

the only common thing for trays 234 and not tray 1 is the relay clutch which drive the relay rollers. tray 1 does not use the relay rollers. the clutch es are not suppose to come apart but ifyou cut the melted plastic with an exacto knife and clean all clutch parts with alcohol. after reassembly and some crazy glue or epoxy will work like new.

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts digicor's Avatar
    Thank you, i will try this,and post if it worked out

Impulse Drive Engineer 250+ Posts CableGuy's Avatar

Clutches

It sounds like that relay clutch to me. It may be delaying the paper just enough to cause a 'sensor on' jam, the smc will tell you that. Not sure if there is another in there you can swap around to see if the fault moves?

Toner Monkey 250+ Posts
    This sounds like it could be the relay clutch on tray 1.

I had a similar problem with a Mojito (Aficio 700), tray 1 & LCT would feed all day, jams galore all over the machine from either trays 2 or 3. Turned out to be the clutch on the relay between tray 1 & 2 on the vertical transport.

Logically tray 1 feeds out almost straight into the registration whereas all lower trays must go past tray 1's relay clutch. If this clutch is firing late then it could be causing a timing issue further down the line.

If the copy is getting to the fuser, is the (obviously unfused) image consistantly inline with the leading/trailing edge marks (if you're using a test chart)?