Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

IM 2500 scan to email

Hello all,

I have a brand new IM 2500 that has been having intermittent scan to email problems. It will work one day and not the next. Checking the log states: Unable to obtain STMP IP-address. I can reset the machine and will work for awhile, then randomly stop. I have worked with my customers IT people and they cant see anything wrong on there end. Fixing it by resetting the machine, kind of leads me to thing its my machine and not the network or email server. I only have a few of these machines in the field and, this one, is the only one that uses scan to email. Firmware is up to date.

As anyone else seen this problem or something like in with any of the new IM machines?

Re: IM 2500 scan to email

You using hostname or ipaddress?
    using hostname could be a DNS problem DNS settings correct?

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

I had one years ago that the machine was dropping out of the ARP table of the router. It would still print but email would quit 15 minutes on the money. Timed it. Setup a relay on my computer and it never failed. Tried a couple machines on that port and each one did the same thing. Had a meeting between myself, the owner and the IT company. The IT company brought 7 people. Still blamed the copier even though multiple machines from different manufacture did the same thing on that wall. The IT would not change the port the machine was plugged into because they felt nothing was wrong. The owner believed them not me.

I do not believe you have a machine issue.

Trusted Tech 50+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bsm2 View Post
    You using hostname or ipaddress?
    using hostname could be a DNS problem DNS settings correct?
    There using host name and as far as I can tell, DNS are set correctly. I get good connection test with there gateway and goggle.

Senior Tech 250+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mincopier View Post
    I had one years ago that the machine was dropping out of the ARP table of the router. It would still print but email would quit 15 minutes on the money. Timed it. Setup a relay on my computer and it never failed. Tried a couple machines on that port and each one did the same thing. Had a meeting between myself, the owner and the IT company. The IT company brought 7 people. Still blamed the copier even though multiple machines from different manufacture did the same thing on that wall. The IT would not change the port the machine was plugged into because they felt nothing was wrong. The owner believed them not me.

I do not believe you have a machine issue.
    Same for me, I had a recent color machine (MP C3504EX IIRC) with same issue. If it works after a reboot, the configuration is obviously setup right. The one I had, the port was looking for traffic on the port every so often and the machine did not supply It like a pc. The router they were using was a cheap Ubee supplied by their internet provider. They got a different modem and a commercially available router (Netgear I believe) and problem disappeared.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Senior Tech. 2,500+ Posts NeoMatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skinnyb View Post
    Same for me, I had a recent color machine (MP C3504EX IIRC) with same issue. If it works after a reboot, the configuration is obviously setup right. The one I had, the port was looking for traffic on the port every so often and the machine did not supply It like a pc. The router they were using was a cheap Ubee supplied by their internet provider. They got a different modem and a commercially available router (Netgear I believe) and problem disappeared.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
    I've seen this one or two times. Hardware ethernet ports on switch gear or routers can fail slowly causing intermittent connection issues...
    Inauguration to the "AI cancel-culture" fraternity 1997...
    •••••• •••[§]• |N | € | o | M | Δ | t | π | ¡ | x | •[§]••• ••••••

Quote Originally Posted by Notrons View Post
    There using host name and as far as I can tell, DNS are set correctly. I get good connection test with there gateway and goggle.

See if you can use the hard ipaddress of there smtp server

Retired 10,000+ Posts
    IM 2500 scan to email

I had a similar problem maybe 6 years ago. The machine would also stop printing. Cycle power and all the jobs currently queued would but roughly 5 minutes after not receiving any new print jobs, it would stop printing until power was cycled again. We tried replacing everything on the machine. The customer had another machine of the same model in a different department. My boss knew their boss and got them to swap the 2 machines. The problem stayed at the jack. IT then replaced a 5 year old 32 port switch, no more problem. In addition, the computer in the next office quit having trouble accessing the internet.

i love when the customer complains its the device.

Right now im dealing with a major public sector account who have complained that devices keep dropping off the network. Today they found out none of the IP addresses were reserved..

Service Manager 1,000+ Posts
    IM 2500 scan to email

Quote Originally Posted by Kimi View Post
    i love when the customer complains its the device.

Right now im dealing with a major public sector account who have complained that devices keep dropping off the network. Today they found out none of the IP addresses were reserved..
    That's why I always set up the machine with a static IP address OUTSIDE of the DHCP pool. Less chance of IP conflicts.